CHAPTER TWO

taehyung's pov

it was 8:56pm on a friday night, taehyung was finally resting after a long day of course work and looking after his boy.

he lay in his bed, looking at soobin who was laying peacefully near him.

it was only the fifth day of me sharing a bed with soobin and i was already dreading it, the boy would always shuffle and fiddle around in my bed disturbing me.

i had to be conscious of him always, i never knew if i was laying on him or if i was suffocating him, i hadn't had a good sleep in five days.

i struggled falling asleep, with airpods in, i tried to drown myself in my thoughts listening to my favourite tunes.

author's pov

it was the next morning, a saturday morning.
taehyung woke up abruptly thinking he had slept on top of soobin because he no longer heard the boys soft snores.

"soobin," taehyung muttered, sitting up quickly but still half asleep.

soobin was, obviously, still sleeping soundly, taehyung was just heavily paranoid.

he jumped out of bed and headed to their bathroom, he couldn't do it anymore. he need to buy soobin a bed asap, even if it wasn't like the other one, which was hella expensive, he needed a simple bed.

after taehyung got out the shower, he headed back into his now shared bedroom. looking at his precious, little boy trying to work his phone.

"morning bubba," i cooed, hugging him tightly and pinching his chubby cheeks.

"mommy~!" he whined, going in for another hug.

"i'm going to buy a new bed for you today, soobin-ah." taehyung smiled, the boy was confused but he never missed an opportunity to show off his teeth and smile back.

"let's go fix you some breakfast." taehyung mumbled, placing the boy on the floor and wrapping his towel around himself.

taehyung's pov

my mom, recommended me to go to a new furniture store called, 'JEON-NITURE.'

i hadn't heard of it before but my mom gave me amazing reviews, so i decided to drive there. it was in our local shopping mall which was surprising because i had been so familiar with this place.

"excuse me, do you know where i can find 'JEON-NITURE'." i asked the nearest stranger and they gave me directions.

"thank you, have a good day!" i slightly bowed and put his directions to use.

there it was, a huge furniture store.

"mom, that one!" soobin pointed to the vibrant sign, pointing towards the infamous, new furniture store.

we entered the store not sure what to expect, it has a huge variety of different furnitures— it was slightly overwhelming.

feeling like a lost puppy i asked an employee where the children's bedding were.

"ooh, that section has just been refurbished. you may be the first one to see it, it's up the stairs, elevator in your case, up to the third floor." the worker smiled, i thanked her and she went back to stocking cushions.

"come on soobin! get in the elevator." taehyung ushered the boy in, who was attached to his toddler leash backpack.

"no, scary!" soobin cried, he hated elevators just like his father.

so taehyung sat him in his stroller, until the elevator reached the third level which was the children's section.

the elevator door opened and it was like a child's dream space, there were few people up here but they did not look like customers at all.

soobin jumped out of his stroller, luckily, he was still attacked to his backpack.

"soobin, take your time please!" taehyung pleaded, following the boy.

after a few minutes of browsing, i couldn't exactly hear soobins babbles or soft footsteps.
i looked over to my side and saw his backpack on the floor, soobin had ran away.

i panicked, looking around my surroundings, he couldn't go gone far— right?

"soobin," i called out, pushing the stroller aggressively around the third floor.

jungkook's pov

"sir, how do you like this new floor?" jungkook was asked.

"it's amazing, our ratings are going to go through the roof." jungkook exclaimed, shaking the hand of the coordinator.

"thank you." they both bowed to each other.

"enjoy it, mr jeon." the coordinator left jungkook to enjoy and explore his new addition to the store.

"hey?" jungkook heard a light squeaky voice call for him.

"wh- hello, young man." jungkook bent at a 45 degree angle.

the toddler scrunched up his face, not understanding anything.

"bed, bed!" he called out smiling.

"where are you parents?" i asked, looking at his face which looked almost identical to mine.

"mom?" he asked me, so i nodded.

he shrugged his shoulders, concerning me.

"soobin!" he also heard a deeper voice call.

the person barged pass me causing me to stumble as they picked up the boy.

"mommy!" he chirped, hugging the person.

"omg! i'm so sorry, i thought he was-" the person started to ramble on before they looked at me.

▫️

what a cliché chapter 🥺
also, i'll fix the grammatical errors later😀