Chapter 1

[Third POV]

"Um... hey" said the young dark-haired man who sat down aside another older male. The guy replied by bumping his fist against his shoulder as a sign of welcoming,

"What's up, newbie?"

"Marco Thorne" the young one corrected before 'newbie' became his new name.

To his surprise, this didn't anger the man in front of him as he expected it to, instead he laughed, "Haha! Not a humorous one, huh? Okay then, my name is Zane Garcia" 

As the man named Zane focused on hammering down the metal nail to the fine-grained wood, Marco began to observe his surroundings. There were a few women but mostly men were wearing goggles and gloves while welding certain silver pieces together. Others seemed to be making bullets, or even repairing-... firearms.

Marco's eyes widened at the occupation he's never seen before, "Gunsmiths?!"

Zane snorted and whispered, "This never gets old"

"Wait hold on," Marco turned, "am I really in right place?" Zane placed the piece of wood he held down, along with his hammer. "Don't worry, we were all as confused as you were when we first got here" The young man blinked a few times once he spotted another group sitting at a table and counting money.

"What's your talent?" Zane questioned. "I specialize in engineering" Marco pointed at the papers laid on the table.

Zane took a peak, "Ohh, I see. You'll have to design projects and stuff. Get that creativity going"

"I'm guessing you're a carpenter?" 

Zane nodded in response to the guess, "Yep, and this guy too" he patted the back of another guy next to him who didn't seem to care as his attention was on his work.

"I can't believe it..." Marco suddenly raised his head, filled in complete disbelief. "I thought I was screwed, but it almost seems so calm in here"

Zane chuckled, "I'm guessing you heard those typical rumors where they talk about our boss: (Y/A/N)"

(Y/A/N) = Your Agent Name

Because of the rumors that there's a secret gang in Gotham City, there were also rumors that in that gang, there's a wicked female crime lord. Barely anyone believes this is true. They don't believe a woman could be a crime lord like Black Mask. If anything, they believed it was just stupid rumors about Harley Quinn.

"Said she was a cold-hearted bitch who killed anyone she wanted"

Marco nodded, finding that statement familiar, "And that she was bloodthirsty. Is she really like that?"

"If you piss her off, yeah" Zane shrugged, "Other than that, your life is guaranteed to be spared. So don't piss her off, okay?" Marco shook his head, understanding the deal here.

Ten seconds into reading the papers in front of him and from the corner of his eye, he saw someone walking out of one of the 3 rooms located further into the warehouse that were next to each other.

"Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you, we have 3 bosses" Zane added as his focus was on looking for a specific nail in the small box on the table. "When you came in here, you went into that room, correct?" He pointed to the room on the far right.

"Yeah..." Marco answered softly as he felt his legs shaking at the realization.

Zane's voice faded since he had his mind on reading the blueprint in his hands. "Then congrats on meeting one of the bosses: V"

"V? Just, V?"

"Hey, don't start judging now. Their real names are not revealed to us. If you don't like it, then consider yourself dead"

"Also, that woman there, she's (Y/A/N)" he added.

Slowly, Marco began to regain his composure from his shaking hunched posture, "Thanks"

"For?"

"For telling me all of this" Marco let out a breath he didn't realize he was holding.

"Not humorous my ass. You're actually quite funny" The man laughed, leaving Marco alone to wonder what joke did he say.

"I'm the manager of you hooligans. So I take care of the new ones and the ones who get out of hand. If you don't listen, then it's not on me anymore. It's on the bosses"

Suddenly the entrance door to the warehouse opened, revealing a brown-haired man who looked weary and spiteful at the same time. The man walked towards the woman Marco spotted earlier.

She had a dark suit with a few pockets on her pants and shoulders. Though it seemed like casual dark clothes or a heavy suit to him, it was actually light as a feather and easy to move in. Her (Y/H/L) (Y/H/C) hair that complemented her (E/C) eyes. And as she spoke to the guy who just came in, Marco noticed how Zane was also facing that way.

(Y/H/L) = Your Hair Length, (Y/H/C) = Your Hair Color, (E/C) = Eye Color

A few seconds later, she rotated her glance and made eye contact with Zane, making him nod once, like a signal only they knew. Afterwards, he stood up and loudly clapped twice, somehow managed to get everyone's attention. Tools, pencils, papers, were put down on the tables. Only one conversation could be heard through the building.

"V!" (Y/A/N) called over her shoulder. "A-Am I still getting the... money?" With his shoulders bent forward, he was drowning in fear, wondering if what he asked was a mistake.

"Yeah, yeah sure" She replied and with her index and middle fingers together she beckoned— her thumb stuck out as well— to the man who Marco now knew as 'V.' The person understood her cue and walked over to the nearest shelf that was besides a table. On top of the table was a brass candleholder, taking the shape of a crown at the top.

"That is their meeting area. They usually like to be out here" Zane quietly explained. "Also, don't think about stealing that candleholder. It's expensive and it belongs to (Y/A/N). Try anything with it, and you're gone. Dead"

'A brass candleholder being expensive? If Zane had to warn me like that, then someone in the past must've done something.' Marco thought to himself.

V grabbed a small light brown sack and handed it over to (Y/A/N). Even the sounds of rattling coins could be heard from inside.

'I wonder how much money he got'

From the bag, (Y/A/N) took out a small black object and pointed it to the goon's head.

BANG

His body slumped back, hitting the ground, probably would've hurt if there wasn't already a small bleeding hole in his forehead that had already taken his life. Everyone but Marco already seemed accustomed to the scene.

"Everyone," (Y/A/N) sighed as she handed her gun to V, "take this as a lesson, again" she had a slight pinched expression. "Don't fucking lie to me"

"Follow your orders properly, and you'll be perfectly okay" she faked a smile, her arms open wide. On the outside, she looked calm, but everyone who had been here long enough, knew her patience was limited today. "Yes ma'am!" The thugs replied.

"Welcome to the secret Agents Agency, Marco" Zane stated before clapping once and getting everyone else back to work.

[End of Chapter 1]

---------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 1,258

If you've read my other stories before, then you could probably tell that my writing has changed from book to book. So in this book, I'm trying another style :).

—Yam

Please Remember to Vote