Chapter 4

"Wai- WHAT!" I couldn't help but shout once I realized that we were headed to Wayne Manor.

It was no wonder that Batman was okay with my first response for a whole banquet when he asked what would we like to eat. The guy is the billionaire Bruce Wayne!

Jason and I exchanged shocked looks as we sat on the passenger's seat of the Batmobile, which camouflaged as your typical expensive car from outside.

Expensive...

Damn, it was so obvious.

"Wait! You're Bruce Wayne?!" Jason jumped up to place his hands behind the headrest of Batman's seat.

A single smirk from the vigilante and it was obvious that he was looking forward to our reactions since the beginning. We even sort of slandered his name when we were eating the burger he bought for us.

°• Flashback •°

"Why do you both think it's okay to steal things from people?" Batman asked, resting against the Batmobile as Jason and I sat on top of it.

Jason raised his eyebrow, "You kidding me? Look at this view. Freaking billionaire playboy thinks he's the king of the world, hah"

"If I could, I'd steal from him too. I don't care" I shrugged, continuing to eat my burger. "Thergh no exshceptions" I added with food muffling my words.

"Sometimes just try to give people a chance," Batman replied facing both of us,

"they'll usually surprise you"

°• End of Flashback •°

"Still want to steal something from me?" Batman said to me with that same smirk plastered on his face as he took his cowl off.

I looked around the place. The walls were certainly clean and every furniture seemed tidy and expensive. Certainly different then where Jason and I slept.

Even the floors seemed to be shiny and slippery. My shoes were definitely dirty, and yet the floor was sparkling. I think this whole manor could kill me if I even tried to sleep in it. I'm so not used to it.

"I... I could steal..." I glanced around, trying to look for a souvenir, trinket, or something. My eyes spotted a candleholder that had the shape of a crown at the top.

 My eyes spotted a candleholder that had the shape of a crown at the top

Once I pointed to it, I felt an immense amount of regret. Of all things, I had to choose a candleholder. Really?

"I'd steal that"