Chapter 6

After little time went by, Tim had to stay with us at the manor after his parent's were poisoned. His mother passed away while his father was left in a coma.

Made me wonder how my own parents were doing. As expected, they never searched for me all these years. Not that I cared.

In a few days, Tim was going to be sent to Paris to continue learning and improving his combat skills. It scares me. Even when I saw his intelligence with my own eyes, I still fear that if he doesn't learn how to properly defend himself, he'll end up like Jason.

Tim was another young boy risking his life to save people. That's what it meant to be a Robin. I know that now.

In all honesty, I couldn't take it anymore. I couldn't even focus on what my homeschool teacher was telling me. And the one I called 'Bruman' would be conversing with Tim most of the time.

I didn't find entertainment in anything.

For years, I've lived under this manor's roof, and for the first time in forever, I felt like I didn't fit in anymore.

It was because of Jason's glorious idea to steal the Batmobile's tires that brought me here. He was the reason why I tagged along.

But now that he's out of the picture...

Earlier today, I called Barbara and asked if I could stay at her house for a while. If her and her father wouldn't mind. She welcomed me to come, and even her father got a chance to speak to me, saying that, "Any friend of Barbara is welcomed here, except boys," which got a laugh out of me. And so, I'm packing my stuff now. Alfred said he'd help with packing my clothes.

I just... I need a break.

"How long would you be staying at Miss Gordon's?" Alfred asked as he folded my shirts. I answered while packing the pair of shoes I actually use,

"For a week, probably"

He gave out a depressing sigh, which made my heart tighten. I knew he didn't like the idea. It's him I spend the most time with, ever since Jason was gone.

"You'll come visit?"

"Yeah, don't worry. I'll come visit when I can" I tried to say with a smile as I began to browse my bookshelf.

"It's a short break. I need to clear my mind and be ready to start again"

He slowly nodded.

Huh... these romance books...

Looking at these books, I saw those I've read more than 5 times, and those I started reading and didn't finish. I saw my favorites, I saw the ones Jason bought for me as a gift.

I observed the book in my hand, pursing my lips, "I think I'll leave these here"

"How ever you'd like. No one will touch a thing while you're gone" Alfred claimed, reassuring me that no one will go inside this room.

Knock knock

At the doorway, was Timothy Drake clearing his throat and asking to come in. I gave Alfred the cue to leave, and he took the suitcase and my clothes out to the living room.

"I'm such a nuisance, aren't I? That's why you're leaving" The boy walked in with a hunched posture and sat on the floor with his back against the wall. "I'm so sorry for intruding"

I softened my face and pointed my open hand to my bed, "Tim, you can sit here. And you aren't what influenced my decision" Tim listened and trudged over to sit on the bed with a dull stare. "It's me. I just felt like I never fit in here, to be honest" I sat beside him with a lack of eye contact.