Chapter 13

[Third POV]

Before (Y/N) could even get a word out, she didn't even see how he placed the inactive bomb on the floor and walked towards her to embrace her in his arms. Her face was warming up as she took note of the touch she felt from his face at the crook of her neck.

"I found you..." Jason exasperated in relief. "I finally found you" his grip on her body strengthened.

Droplets of rain began to pour down on them- on Gotham City.

(Y/N)'s hands started to move on their own. Her arms were going to wrap around him to hug him back, but she stopped herself. She moved and pushed him away.

He was confused by the girl's actions. He didn't know that deep inside her... she still couldn't believe this was really Jason. How was it possible? Was he even the same Jason she knew before?

"I always had hoped you'd come back one day. I had so many things I would've loved to tell you, but now that you're here in front of me, I only have one thing to say," (Y/N) stared closely at those eyes she missed seeing for such a long time,

"I hate you"

Those words harshly hurt him. Just three basic words brought more disappointment in himself than he already carried.

"Why...?" His voice broken, and filled with bewilderment. The rain began to fall off their wet strands of hair.

With now uncomfortable drenched clothes, she sat on one side of the smelly alleyway, and sighing she explained, "I hate the fact that you're back because I was just beginning to get used to living without your dumb-..."

She didn't bother finishing her sentence. Through her lashes, she sneaked a peek at his face and saw him wearing a smug expression as he rested his back against the opposite wall, "So you can't live without me?"

"Of course I can't‐ or I couldn't because I used to like you" she stated out bluntly.

Jason was silent, taking in the information he wasn't expecting. His eyebrows furrowed, "Was working for that damn clown a sign of your love? Geez, thanks" he added his last words in sarcasm.

"I didn't have much of a fucking choice. You would've done the same if you were in my situation" she waved her hand in frustration.

Jason crossed his arms and looked the other way, scoffing, "Honey, no. I would've killed him a long time ago"

"... touché" (Y/N) shrugged, understanding his point before lowering her head, "But you don't know who he threatened to kill if I opposed him in any way"

"Let me guess, was it Alfred? Barbara? Dick?"

"It was Barbara and Tim. Timothy Drake-"

"Who the hell is a Ti- is it that new Robin? Is that his name?" He forced a chuckle out. She nodded as a response, a little surprised he knew about Tim being the new Robin.

"Then my answer would've been simple" Jason huffed. (Y/N) was curious and asked him to tell.

"I would've still attempted to kill him and protect Barbara"

Those words left her confused. She felt her head spinning, not knowing if it was because of the crazy answer she heard or because she was getting a fever from the downpour. "And let Tim... die?"

"Yeah"

"Jason, what?"

"Listen, I don't care about some scrawny weak kid who replaced me" he clenched his fist, just thinking about it. It's not like this was the first time he ever thought of this.