Chapter 11

"And he evenn.... what?" Val raised an eyebrow, taking a sip from his cup of water while waiting for me to finish my sentence.

"Andd...." I rolled the word as I glanced around the room which I hoped could somehow give me an answer. I said the first thing that came to mind, "he had... muscles...?"

He started choking. Water spit out in front of him, to his suit and to the surface of the table in front of him.

Really? I didn't really expect my answer to be that bad.

"You okay?" I asked after he seemed to calm down.

"Yeah, we're‐ I'm good" he gave a thumbs up, finishing up clearing his throat. I nodded and waited. After an interval of silence as he cleaned his desk, I asked the question that brought me here to his room in the first place.

"Since you're really good at digging up information about people, can you figure out who that guy is?"

"Sure. Just describe them"

"Well, he's a male, taller than me, wears a red helmet with white lenses, has a brown leather jacket, combat armor, and is interested in Black Mask"

"And you said he was asking your parents about you?" He questioned which I nodded to in response as I walked towards the door.

"Are you sure it's not anyone you know? I mean no one else other than someone who knew you as (Y/N) would question your parents about you right?"

I came to a halt, "No Val. No one else other than you, Lina, Joker, and Harley know"

It was an obvious lie, but he didn't know that I left out Bruce, Dick, Barbara, Alfred, and Tim. Could it be one of them?

No. None of them would go after my parents in the first place.

"Anyways, thank you. Let me know when you find something!" I closed the door behind me. Now, I have to call Black Mask. Then, I have report to Joker, and I think I know exactly how he's going to react.

• ° • • ° •

I hanged up the call. 

I knew it. The Joker laughed the whole time. He found it hilarious that I had to kill my parents. All his commentaries were unnecessary- they always are.

"Did you pluck their eyes out? Rip them to shreds? Oh! Your cool speech, did you mention it? Tell me! Tell me!"

Annoying, was the right word to describe that. Unlike Black Mask, who sent his assistant to confirm whether or not I did finish the job, the Joker was constantly making fun of the situation and asking me how I felt about it. I ended the call before I even responded. I didn't call him to have a conversation, I did it because that's what he wanted me to do.

My back hit the bed in my room, sighing as I stared at the ceiling. Maybe I do feel a little relieved. Kind of like I can do anything now. At least 2 of my problems are gone now. Just like Val said, they deserved it.

Days went by, and I could sense that something was wrong with this 'task' Joker gave me to infiltrate Black Mask's gang. At this point, it was bothering me, so I needed to go to see the clown in person. It was not okay that he seemed uninterested with my reports every time Black Mask told me to do something for him. The only time Joker was ever excited to listen was the day my parents died.

Instead of me being the one to hang up first, he was the one to end the call.

"Marco" I called the young guy in his table. He quickly stood up straight as if his military commander just yelled at him to stand,