Chapter 16

After a little more than an hour, (Y/N) woke up to being tied in ropes to a chair. She felt the rope burning her wrists the more she struggled to get her hands out. Once she stopped, she took a good look at her surroundings, recognizing the dark place.

It was one of Joker's abandoned warehouses. He ended up not wanting it anymore because the roof wasn't stable enough, and he didn't plan on wasting any money to fix it since he had other secret locations to choose from.

CREEAAK

She heard a door open from behind her. Footsteps began getting louder and closer with every sound. "Val...?" She called under her breath. Truth be told, she didn't actually know what to say to him. He injected her, but for what reason?

Thanks to the few dim lights that were on, she could see that a chair was placed in front of her with a small bang as it hit the floor. Val sat on it and buried his face in his hands.

"What the hell am I doing..." he grumbled, fighting internally with his thoughts.

"Val... are Batman and Red Hood alright?"

"I don't know. I don't even know if my father is still alive"

"Your father?" (Y/N) couldn't understand what he meant. What did his father have anything to do with this? She remembered him telling her that his parents were killed by the Joker, which is how he was taken in by force in order to become one of her friends. But that was not revelant to this situation at all.

Val lowered his hands, revealing his downhearted look with puffy eyes. Unlike when they were on the roof, his hair was now all messy. Some hair strands blocking his sight. It was a state even Val wouldn't have liked to see his hair in.

"Listen, before... I tell you everything. I just want to get this off my chest" his eyes never connected with hers and always kept them at the ground. "I like you. You know I hated you when we first met but, you grew on me as time passed and you changed the way I felt about you"

"I realized that every time I wanted to annoy you, it was just an excuse for me to get your attention" his chuckled sank in melancholy. A forced smile soon formed on his mouth, "You don't need to give me an answer. I'm not even suitable for a relationship. I don't even know who I am"

(Y/N) couldn't help but wonder why he was stuck with that question. He's been saying it a bunch of times. Why was he having an identity crisis now?

"Val, I'm already aware of your feelings. But I think you already knew that too, didn't you?" She tried to lower her head to meet his eyes, however he only turned away more. "You knew I didn't like speaking about love, which is why you never confessed" She sighed, "It's my fault. I should've confronted you about it"

His brows raised and he instantly met her gaze. "No, no, none of this is your fault!" His shaking hands came to a stop in mid-air. "Though... it doesn't matter now" he dropped them.

She narrowed her eyes at him, wondering what he meant before attempting to break out of the rope again. "So, why did you tie me up?"

"I didn't- well, I did but I-" he facepalmed and sighed. "Joker is my father, and Harley is my mother"

"Val, you know they aren-"

"(Y/N) please believe me, they're my real parents. Biological parents" he pinched in between his eyebrows. "Just recently, I've been acting strange. There's this uncontrollable feeling inside me that makes me want to kill people. Makes me bloodthirsty. Like I want Batman dead or maybe torture him... emotionally?" his tone of voice began to change, "Better yet, kill or torture his friends and show-" he quickly covered his mouth, realizing that he was spouting stuff he didn't want to again. (Y/N) was in disbelief. Val, her friend, was actually Joker's kid...