Epilogue

*Spoilers to Batman (1940) #657*

1 year later...

"Hey pretty lady!~" A man with a gold tooth called out to a woman who wore her crimson hair in a bun as she cleaned the wine bottles.

She rolled her eyes, knowing exactly what these men were here for. To ask for women. Some men would come to this bar thinking they could 'rent' women who work here. It was stupid.

She turned to meet him and his other guys, "What? What do you want?" She asked in annoyance.

"Your eyes... they have a pretty color. They suit you" the guy started to flirt as he pointed to her green irises.

"I know. That's why you don't have them. Now answer my question"

He held back his frown and one of his other friends responded, "We'd like to speak with your boss"

She furrowed her brows for a few seconds before faking a smile, "Okay. Just wait here" As she left inside the staff room, the men eyed her down with her black and white bartender suit.

They exchanged whispers about her, beginning to tick off the stranger beside them.

Seconds later, she came back with another lady in a dishwasher outfit. The men bursted out in laughter,

"That's a good joke, my lady, but my boys and I are being serious here"

The two girls exchanged deadpanned glances. The female dishwasher took off her black apron, revealing the professional white suit she had on, "I'm only saying this once. I am the owner of this bar" she placed her hands on the counter.

The guy started to get upset and shifted his gaze to the bartender, "Where is your boss?"

She sighed and whispered to her best friend, "Sorry (Y/N) for wasting your time"

"Don't worry about it, Lina. He's here anyways" she whispered back.

"You're ignoring me now?! I'm asking a simple reque-"

"Gosh... can't you keep it down?" Another voice chimed in, coming from the man next to them who took another sip and finished their beer. He wore combat armor with a red bat-symbol ingraved in his chest.

The man grabbed him by the collar of his leather brown jacket, "Wanna say that again, you cheap punk?"

"Want more?" Lina asked Jason who was being held in mid-air.

"Yeah, get me another glass"

(Y/N) watched as her boyfriend was being carried outside. She already knew what the results would be and tried to hide her proud smile. They've been dating for a while now. He promised her he'd earn her love again, and she's slowly been opening up. 

After a few minutes, Lina decided to check up on the guys as (Y/N) began to put on her coat. Lina saw the douchebags on the floor with bruises on their faces, while Jason calmly brushed off his jacket.

She grabbed the guy who wore a gold tooth by the hair, "Disrespect my boss again and this guy and I are after your nape. This includes your Thing 1 and Thing 2"

Through their grunts of pain, they looked at her with fear. As soon as she let go of his hair, they moved hastily to get out of the alley.

"Nice" Jason commented.

Lina smirked. A few seconds later (Y/N) came out the door with a glass on her hand.

"There's your drink, by the way" Lina stated. "I'll leave you two alone, byee" she closed the door after walking inside.