Chapter 10

"In 3 minutes from now, you'll become completely paralyzed and then 10 minutes from then, you'll slowly die as your organs begin to stop working" I brushed the dust off my suit as he laid on the floor, feeling all worn out. "Don't worry it won't hurt as much, I guess. I don't know I've never really tried the poison myself"

"W-Where... did you train?" He started to ask with a hoarse voice. "Either you have... r-really good reflexes *cough* or you're m-my daugh-"

Huh... so now I am his daughter...

I lowered to his level, and whispered, "You hit the jackpot. I learned it from you, Dad" If my mask was off, he would've seen the unpleasant glare I was sending him. I got back up and swung my feet to hit his stomach, making him groan in pain. "Remember when you'd tell me to find a way to counter you? When you'd punch me in the face? Striked me with your knee?" I kicked him over and over again, reminding him of the hideous life he and mom gave me.

"Find a way now, bitch"

After a few more kicks, he wasn't able to move his body anymore, and I found my composure. Unfortunately, he still managed to move his mouth,

"I'm glad... you became the fighter... I always wanted you to be. But that mask... take it off– makes you look like a coward"

I sneered with a high chin. Was he seriously still lecturing me? Can't believe he still had so much shit to say.

"For your information, I don't give a damn about anything that comes out of your filthy mouth" I pressed down my shoe against his head to silence him, though he continued.

"Don't... Don't work for Black Mask..."

Oh come on. It's not like I have a choice. I rolled my eyes, giving one final push down and began to walk away. I didn't killl him. He can die a slow painful death for what he's done.

"H-HEY!! I TRAINED you! I trained you to be the best fighter! *cough* *cough* To... defeat your enemies... you have to do better....." his voice got quieter and quieter.

Did I give him satisfaction or disappointment, who knows? Hopefully it's the latter. I reached the roof of a building and jumped to another. Perhaps I should call Lina and tell her how it wen-

"Agh!" My mask immediately made contact with the floor with my arms trapped behind my back by the presence behind me that straddled me down.

"Please tell me you really didn't think I'd leave just like that"

I knew it. I let my guard down and now I'm in this situation.

"I don't know what you discussed with that guy, but I did hear him mention Black Mask. I bet you were given orders to kill them. Mind telling me more about your boss then?"

He didn't hear our conversation? And he was able to conclude all of that with just a few pieces of information?

I continued to shift my body, squirming under his grip, but it was no use. He had his weight on top of me.

"Oh come on, I saw you talking just a few moments ago, and now you don't want to? That makes me sad"

As this guy was waiting for a response, I was getting ready to attack.

"It's okay. I have all night for you"

It all depended on luck, though. I lifted my right leg up, with the toe cap of my shoe facing downwards. If I do it quick enough without hesistation...

"Stop moving, it's useless. So can you start talking? Before I fill you up with lead" he moved his hand behind his back, probably reaching for his gun.