|{Chapter 8}|

|{Brawl With The Phoenix}|

"Nea? I didn't know you worked here. Nor did I know Mr. Telsa was your dad!" Luck said surprised. "Luck? Why uh... Why are you at Yvon?" The young girl said. "I was raised here— Mr. Telsa, you didn't tell me you had a daughter!"
Magna stood there stunned. He was even more confused than before. He finally built up the courage and started to speak. "Aren't you the girl who came to the Heart Kingdom with your siblings? What were their names again? ...I can't recall—" "Zola and Nyla." Nea responded quickly. "You can call me Nea. But Luck, I told you my last name didn't I? It's Telsa." She continued. "Oh right! That's why your last name sounded so familiar." Luck said.
"Luck isn't the smartest black bull. Plus, he forgets things easily. I assume you would know that since you guys get along with each other so well." Magna said in a jealous tone. He leaned against a wall with his arms and legs crossed. Nea, with her arms crossed as well, rolled her eyes and stared at Luck. He looked at her nervously and chuckled innocently.

They all stood there silently until Telsa finally broke the awkward silence. "So, what would you two like to buy? We have new recipes like our famous blueberry muffins! If you would like..." "Sure, I'll take a blueberry muffin and one cup of chocolate fudge pudding—" "Make that two cups of chocolate fudge pudding." Magna said interrupting Luck. "Ok Nea, you know what to do—" "I know, dad. I know." Nea walked away slouching. "Two coins please." Telsa asked. Luck took out a pouch of coins and handed two to him. "Thank you boy. You two can sit at those tables outside while you wait." Telsa said. "Thank you Mr. Telsa!" "Thank you." Luck and Magna said.
A ring was heard before they walked out the door.

They sat down. "Why are you being so grouchy today? Your usually all, I'm Magna, I'm cooler than all of you— Ya know?" Luck said, mimicking Magna. "I am? I sound like a real asshole to be honest." Magna responded. "No, not to me you don't~!" Luck said smiling. The only thought going through Magna's head was: Holy crap that was cute. He looked away from Luck trying to hide his red, flustered face.
"You two are having a good talk huh?" Nea said, smiling annoyed.
She handed the deserts to Luck and sat next to him. She rested her head on his shoulder and started to blush. "Uh— Nea, you good?" Luck said looking down at her face. "Yeah, just a little tired." "Oh, ok then." Luck said smiling. He looked back up at Magna and pushed his pudding towards him. Magna looked at Luck as if he was stupid. Cute, but still stupid. "Is he that oblivious?!" Magna thought. Nea looked at Magna and stuck her tongue out at him. He looked pissed. You could basically see the steam coming out of his ears.
"Hey Luck, remember that time you fell on top of me?" Magna said smiling evilly at Nea. She looked at him and growled. "Oh yeah, that was funny. Your face was all red too!" Luck said. He was completely oblivious. "Hey Luck, remember that time we went flower picking? That was fun wasn't it?" Nea said trying to get revenge. "That wasn't really that fun if I'm being honest." Luck said. Magna grinned. Nea was dissatisfied with that comment. "Hey Luck, could I have a scoop of pudding?" Nea asked, trying to obtain the achievement of Luck feeding her. "But... I really like this pudding..." Luck said sullenly. Nea began to feel bad. Luck never actually looks sad. "F-fine..." She said.
As the two ate their desserts, people walking by them started to whisper. "What's with the royals?" Magna said. "I dunno. They always whisper when I'm walking past them. Probably cause we're commoners. Annoying right?" Nea said, starring at the royals. They started walking faster trying to avoid her mischievous glare. "Heh. Works every time~" She placed her crossed legs on the table, leaning her chair back. Almost fell doing so, but she still looked badass.
A few seconds later, Nea fell. Not really worth trying to look badass, huh? Magna, trying to hold back his laughter, got splashed by water. He looked up to see Luck running away with a wet bucket. He soon blended in with the crowd. "Luck you little rodent, c'mere!" Though blended in with the noisy crowd of royals, Magna could hear Luck's evil little laugh. Magna brought a glass filled with water with him.

He excused himself from bumping other people's shoulders. Magna walked through the crowd, being careful about spilling his glass of water. Then suddenly— "BOO!" Luck popped out behind him. Magna jumped and let out a weird noise. "Luck! You scared me! Don't do that. I was holding a glass of
wa—" Magna looked at his hand. The glass was empty. "Hey you! The one with the weird hair!" A lady said.
The crowd suddenly circled around Magna and the shouting woman. She was a royal, with curled, light brown hair and emerald eyes. She was tall enough to stick out from the crowd, and had a perfect body. She wore a puffy, light blue, silk dress with ruffled sleeves. The only thing was, her dress was soaking wet.

"This dress cost fifty thousand spade coins! Do you know how many clover coins that is? One hundred thousand. This silk was made from the heart kingdom and was exported here, just to make this dress! How could ruin it with your filthy water?" The Lady shouted. "I am from the royal family, Phoenix. I assume you would know that name. Since we own such a big company." She bragged. Magna started to speak. "The Phoenix family? Never heard of it." He started to lift his sleeves and pull out his grimoire. "Don't get too cocky boy. My magic is strong. I sense so little mana in you." She said, also taking out her grimoire.

Her magic started to form a bird. A Phoenix. "Magna, you got this! Kick her royal ass! Woohoo!"Luck said supportingly. The crowd started cheering for the royal instead. "Crush that boy to pieces!" "No mercy!" "Show that boy who's boss!" Said the people.
A bell rang, and the lady started moving swiftly towards Magna. He couldn't quite aim for the Lady using his fire balls, so he took out his bat. Luck suddenly realized.
Something was definitely wrong. You wouldn't choose to use a far ranged spell when running towards the target. He needed to help Magna. "Wait Magna don't—" Magna got ready to swing his bat. "Fire Magic: Grand... Slam!" He swung his bat. Lady Phoenix suddenly disappeared. He felt a gust of wind hit his face. Magna's eyes widened. She reappeared far behind him.
The woman grinned. "We have the same type of magic huh?" Magna looked behind him. He didn't have enough time to react. "You should've ran away when you had the chance! Fire Magic..."

"Magna! Wait!—"

"Phoenix's Breath!"

———————————————————————————
Author's Comment
Rip that Manga ayyy- sorry I had to. New chapter soon! d: