- 01 -

"Promise me no matter what happens in the future we won't let it tear us apart. You are my best friend Erik, so please. Promise me we won't let our parents tear us apart"

"I promise. We will forever be bestfriends, even if I hate you, there will still always be a part of me that doesn't."

............

I'm 16 years old and the dreams my mind decides to give me are the last memory before my childhood best friend changed and started to hate me. Good going Brea, great way to start your Sunday with a memory from hell.

Today better be a good day.

"Sis you are going to be late for training. Mom said Daniella called last night to say that her dad wants you to come in earlier than usual, meaning at 6am and it is 5:47am so you might want to hurry up." Conner informed.

"Fuck! I can't be late. I'm never late!" I Shouted and jumped out of bed running around getting ready.

You may be wondering what my younger brother means by training. Well My best friend Daniella's parents are the top guards up in space. Her dad lets me train with him and sometimes his kids. My mom is one of the 10 people in charge, and she wants me to be one of 10 people in charge too. So everyday I train with Daniella's dad and go to all of the classes I need to join the group, but the classes are Tuesdays, Wednesdays ,and Thursdays.

"Hey sorry, am I late?" I gasped for breath with my hands on my knees.

"No, you are not late. Actually you are right on time," Tyler Chuckled. "My dad asked me to take his place so he can train in the other room with Daniella. Anyways this will be fun." Tyler smirked and tossed me over a long ass stick to begin my training.

It always starts with the sticks and ends with my bow and arrow training.

"So, why exactly did your dad want me to come early?" I asked and I put my light brown hair up into a high ponytail and unzipped my sweater leaving me with my favorite grey tank top.

"I don't exactly know, I guess Someone else is joining us for training for a few weeks or so," Tyler explained.

"Oh who?" I asked.

For years it has only been us training but now randomly someone else is, it's just really random and weird.

"I think it's best you don't know," Tyler sighed.

I paused giving Tyler the time to get me out

" Why did you stop, if this was a real thing you would be dead right now, has my father taught you nothing?" Tyler laughed in an awkward and confused way.

I said nothing, I just walked to a chair and sat down to take a break. I sighed and looked down at the ground.

"What's wrong? You ok?" Tyler asked.

" ya im fine," I exhaled. Then got up and walked to the room Daniella was in.

" Daniella, who's training with us today, and do not lie to me. I want to know," I demanded. They both froze.

"Tyler didn't tell you?" Daniella asked.

" No he didn't, he just told me that it's best I didn't know," I sighed.

"I'm here, so now can we get this over with," A familiar voice spoke behind me.

I didn't even have to turn around to know who it was. It's someone who used to be my best friend.

It's Erik.

I Slowly walked away while I hid my face. Cursing everything in my head.

"Running away I see, don't want to face me I guess. I mean your mom did kill my father so like i understand," Erik chuckled.

I stood there while my anger built up telling myself to ignore him.

"I mean I would ignore me too after what your mom did," Erik chuckled

again.

"My mom did everything she could, It is not her fault. Your dad demanded her to let him die. He died so that you and everyone else could live. My mother went behind your dad's back and helped him anyways, but he began to get weaker and weaker. My mother did Cpr for an hour after he passed. Your father lived as long as he did because of my mother. So do not hate me and my family for false rumor's Your mom started. So please just leave me alone and let me continue my training." I shouted.

I walked away and went back into the other room with Tyler.

"Where'd you go?" Tyler asked.

"Don't talk to me, I didn't come here to talk, I came here to train. So please just shut up," I demanded.

Tyler didn't say anything, he just tossed me my seat and we began training again.

After 4 hours of training I laid on the break bed facing the inner to rest and catch my breath.

" Hudson Asked me to come get you guys for lunch," Erik said.

"His name is Adam." I blurted.

I then grabbed my sweater and walked to the kitchen and started eating an English muffin.

"How's your little sis?" I asked with regret.

Erik immediately looked up at me with an annoyed but also a little bit of confused look on his face, but he didn't reply so I just ended up leaving and going back to my place.

"Hey I am sorry you weren't informed about Erik." Daniella texted me and apologized, but I didn't reply.

Weeks have passed and Erik is still training with us, But today I was teamed with him and it ended with me passing out from stress. Each hit I made grew harder with more and more anger. He didn't even really do anything in fact all he did was give me the other half of his sandwich as he walked out of the room without a word. We were asked to bring lunch today and I forgot. He picked on me for years and he hated me and then all of a sudden he gives me half of his sandwich? It pissed me off, And when we began training I was going a little too hard and I got distracted and hit him with my stick. Sadly it was an accident but he still got mad at me and then that's when I walked into the hall and fainted.

A little bit after I regained consciousness I woke up in my bed, But i had a lot on my mind. While I was unconscious I kinda had a dream but it was just an old memory, and The words just kept repeating in my head.

"I hate you, I never wanted to be your friend. You are just annoying, No wonder no one likes you, You are worthless, You have no meaning in this world."

I curled into a ball for about 30 minutes. Those were the words that Erik said to me the first time he told me he hated me.

I then sat up and wiped away the tears and dug out an old box I have always hid under my bed. It has an old chain, a teddy bear, and a letter in it. All of it had something to do with Erik. Years might have passed and he might hate me and I may hate him for the rumor's he and his mom spread about me but he used to be my best friend and a tiny part of me still misses that.

"Hey hunny, supper is on the table-" my mother paused. "What are you doing?" She asked, But i hid the box behind my pillow and nodded and went to the kitchen, ignoring her question.

After me and my brother ate we both started to feel really sick and dizzy. To the point we ended up passing out. We were drugged.