chp1

Having to lose your most important senses in an accident is not easy, but that doesn't mean you can't just give up your life. There will be a way for you to have some kind of a replacement for it.

A young 16 year old girl who just finished her class, is now walking down the sidewalk and into a small cafe down the streets.

*ring*

"There you are Y/n! I'm surprised you even made it." A young girl is surprised to see her friend made it late for her job.

"Sorry...got...busy." the girl Y/n says in a low and crack voice, but it was enough for her friend to hear.

"No need to waste your voice on me. Just gesture it out to me, now come on. Make some latte for that customer over there." The girl pointed at the table near the window, where some middle school students are studying.

The black haired girl nodded immediately, going to the staff room of the cafe to change into her uniform.

Taking the clean cup and some coffee the girl began to mix it all up to make it a latte.

'Where are the cream?' Y/n picked up the foam and began to swiftly make a heart, flower, and leaves for the three cups setting the cup down once it's done.

Y/n place three of the latte on the tray alongside with a note saying "here you go, have a nice stay!" Y/n place down the students order before going back to the counter to take another order.

'Alright What's nex-'

A loud explosion was heard outside the place, making all of the customers panicked and run outside, knowing that another monster is attacking.

"Not again!" Y/n's friend yelled out of disbelief while taking all of her belongings and running towards the exits, Y/n also doing the same thing.

Turning back a bit only to see the cafe she was working at, being crushed by a giant monster like a fox.

"Kon!" Yelled by a raven haired boy wearing a suit symbolising he is from the public safety devil hunter.

"I don't even know if public safety is the right name for these guys when they've done nothing but destroy everything. Damn. Building!" Y/n friend complained.

"Gotchu!" Y/n felt an wrinkly hand grab her shoulder sending shiver down her spines.

"Holy sh- hey! get away from my friend!" The girl grabbed a broken piece of the road cement and tried to get the monster to release her friend. With incredible reflexes, the monster was able to dodge the girl's attack with ease.

"Just a bite from this human and I should be able to regenerate my stamin- AUGHHH!!!"

With an unexpected move, Y/n had biten deep onto the monster arm, having it release her, taking the chance to run away from the creature. Y/n friend grabbed her hand. Taking her to a nearby ally to hide themselves from the dangerous being and catastrophe.

"Bleh! Bleh!....augh.." Y/n was trying her best to spit out the monster blood that was still currently hanging around her lip. Her good friend handed her a bottle of water for her to gurgle out the disgusting blood from her taste bud.

"Here. It was a good thing to escape from that thing. But biting on that scaling is disgusting!" Her friend squeals disgusted by just the thought of it.

"Hang on, I'll go explore the alley a little bit. I know that there's something that exits her or something."

Y/n nodded while her friend tried to find another exit so they took the risk and got dragged into the fight with the monster and the public safety.

Y/n can still see what's happening and one that really caught her eyes is a reddish-brown hair girl just standing there eating ice cream while a giant lizard-like monster was about to step on her.

'Why the heck is she just standing there? Can't she see that there's a fight going on? Oh man.. here we go again. Let's try to be a hero for our beloved people.'

Y/n ran as fast as she could, tackling the reddish haired to the other side, just in time before the giant creature set its foot on ground.

"You..wan...die?!" Y/n tried to speak. but due to her past of not using her voice, her vocal is not used to y/n using such loud or long words to communicate.

"Hmm?" She stared at Y/n who is on top of her from just tackling her a while ago.

"Ma...ki....ma!"

Y/n noticed a big shadow was getting bigger and bigger within a second, not bothering to look up. Y/n toss the red-haired on her shoulder. Moving away from the creature attempts to crush them one more time.

Y/n heard a giggled from her back and it was the girl laughing at a serious time like this.

"Miss Makima are you ok?!" An raven boy yelled from on top of a shop. At the same time. oddly glarring at the poor deaf girl.

"Yes I'm fine, you can put me down now."

Y/n complied, setting the girl name Makima down on the ground. Makima then began to walk towards the lizard monster. Y/n stares at the red head wanting to know what she will do to the monster. Just then, she felt like something had fallen out of her ears.

"Ma...ki...ma....you all....will listen to me!"

"I COMMAND YOU TO SLEEP! ALL OF YOU!"

Everyone in the city and who heard the roar, one by one began to fall down snoring.

Y/n felt something odd, it's like the whole world was mute. caressing her ears only to feel her hearing aids weren't there. panic flooding her eyes, searching for the device left to right only to see it below her feet.

"MAKIM-!"

"Bang." The creature word was cut short with powerful thus unknown forces that separated its head and body at the same time.

"Now, one command would be able to wake them all of- hmm..?"

Makima eyes travel to Y/n who is currently attaching her hearing aids, while looking dumbfounded.

It was only then she had noticed the red head was looking at her confused and she returned it by giving her eyebrows a raise.

"How'd you not fall for the spell?" The red hair walked towards Y/n getting the girl off-guard one of her thought that she might hurt her as she knows people can't be trusted so easily.

"Um." Y/n was pulling her face back as makima was inching her face to the deaf figure. curling back her lips just in case an accidental trip might happen.

"Well, I can't let you see what contracts I'm going to make so do you mind if u close your eyes for a moment?" Makima kindly asked.

"S...ure." Y/n brought her hand up to her eye letting makima know that she is not peeking.

"You're so obedient." Makima complimented.

Those words made y/n heart flutter a little but I ignored it a second later. still with her eyes covered and close heard nothing but groans and grunts out of nowhere sending chills down her spine.

"You can open your eyes now."

Y/n peek at the city streets to see people who were flat dead on the ground, was now rising back up to their own two feet. Y/n figure it out that might be a spell cast to the citizen.

"YOU DEVIL HUNTERS HAVEN'T WON YET!" The decapitated head had grown two spider legs. escaping away through a sewer tunnel down the city.

"Now. that's gonna be a trouble to catch." Makima's eyes slowly turn to Y/n before smiling.

"Looks like we might need an helping hand. Don't you think boys?"

Y/n felt a sharp pain behind her neck with her last vision of just two men carrying her to a vehicle.