chp15

The red-haired woke up because her body missed the person spooning her last night. Makima touches her chest, where her-or should she say her heart? It was pumping and racing like nothing before. The sun shines through the window and into the room, lighting up the guest room. Makima stretches her arms out in the air, and little moans escape her lips. Last night for her was like the best sleep she ever got in 6 years. She felt safe, secure, warm and happy.

The red-haired woman moved some of her hair out of her face, tucking it behind her ears before leaving the bed. She opened the door and was just about to go downstairs, before she heard two voices.

"Why did you stop us?"

It was Kishibe and Y/n discussing something downstairs in the living room. Makima stayed in the room with the door a little bit closed so she could still hear them.

"Do you think I would agree with your plans without any second thoughts?" What kind of a person am I if I do that? It's like I just murdered a human being. "

"She isn't one!"

"She is to me!"

The two raise their voices at each other like cats and dogs, and it seems like it is about to go off, but they hold it back in. Y/n sighed and laid back on the sofa.

"I thought you weren't heartless, Mr. Kishibe."

"We aren't, it was the government who ordered us." He thinks the fiend and devil are coming from Makima; furthermore, he thinks Makima was just trying to be a hero in the past 6 years of her continuously killing them. "

Y/n looked at him with anger and disbelief of a smile. Her eyes twitched, her palm curled up, forming a hard fist.

Well, tell the government that their IQ is lower than a newborn baby. "Honestly, let him go through what Makima has gone through all these years and see what he has to say."Y/n spoke up, crossing her arms and readjusting her glasses.

"Haaah, well there's nothing we can do but follow it." The old man blows out the smoke after taking a sip of the cigarette.

"So what do you want me to do now?"

"Stay out of it the next night."

"What will you do if I refuse?"

A blade was brought up to Y/N's neck, but the girl didn't bother flinching; she already knew this would happen.

"Y/n, don't make this job difficult."

"Oh, I will." Y/n pushed the blade of her neck with her fingertip, with a mocking smirk stuck on her lips.

"Having to tell me that she might need a day off in my place and might need my help with herself only for me to find out it was a trap waiting for her?"

"Yes, it is a trap for her. And I was thinking you could understand it.

"How am I supposed to understand you killing her just because someone ordered you to?"

For the sake of the world! Don't you remember what she did to your parents? Doesn't that hurt someone? "

Makima, inside the guest room, listened to what the old man just said. It made her feel guilty and angry at herself. Before, she didn't feel any type of emotion when she killed or saw people cry, but now she knows what the heavy feeling is now.

Makima tells herself that if she can just get back to her parents, the guilt on her shoulder will go away.

"Maybe I should give myself to the da-"

"That doesn't have any connection to the topic. My main topic here is Makima. Don't bring my parents into this discussion, Mr. Kishibe. That won't change my mind to still care for her!" 

Hearing Y/n say that out loud made the red-haired feel something spark inside her.

"You don't get to do you Y/n."

You think by just killing her the whole world will just be in peace and full of smiles? There will always be something lurking in the dark, Mr. Kishibe, and it's gon na be far worse than Makima. " Y/N spoke with confidence. Having the old man bow his head in defeat.

"Augh, smart kids like you, I hate you the most."

"Well, I can't deny that."

"Her belongings are now at the front door, along with her dog, if you don't mind having a dog in your home."And one more thing. "

"What is it?" 

"I'm giving you two choices because we can't take Makima back to Japan without the government knowing she's still alive." "Are you taking care of the control devil beneath this roof, or are we b-"

I'll take care of her my entire life. I don't care if the government tries to trade her life with money. I'm not choosing paper over a human being. Y/N spoke with a straight and serious face.

Kishibe laughs a little, expecting nothing but the best answer from the black hair. 

"You kids these days have some serious spirit inside you." Kishibe patted Y/n's shoulder before leaving her house with a smirk.

Y/n sighs out in disbelief but was removed by Makima's dog jumping on her and licking her face.

Makima smiled. She never thought Y/n would defend her like that. In all honesty, Makima knew the government and Kishibe's plan all along but just kept quiet about it, even though she was ready to accept her death that night. But she was drawn back when the black-haired slept with her in the same room.

Makima went down the stairs to see Y/N giggling while her dog continued to lick her old owner.

"Tira, come here, girl."

"Arf!" The pup began to bark and race towards the red-haired woman, who had her arms stretched open ready to hug her pet.

"Well, good morning Makima, let's have breakfast before it gets cold," Y/n stated, having a big smile the first thing to greet the red-headed. 

-

Rin, I need you to make a contract with me in exchange for a glass of my blood. '

"Hmm? And what will that be? '

'I need you to kill someone for me.'