chp16

"A body has been found the nearby street in the city, which is later then confirmed that it was the wanted killer Wa-"

Y/n turn off the TV in the living room, glancing at Makima who is drinking tea on the kitchen table. Y/n walk back to the sink and finishing off the dishes.

'I thought it was the government you wanted me to kill, pfft, guess not. And what happened to you don't like killing human beings hmm?'

'No, I wouldn't go as far as killing the government, Mr Kishibe will spot it out immediately and burst into my house. And no, that killer in the news wasn't a human, it was a shape-shifting fiend. And I'm surprised it was able to have a title for it.'

'Whatever you say, can I drink now?'

'Just don't make me experience blood loss again.'

'Sure, sure.'

Y/n felt her right arm losing bits by bits of blood, meaning the devil is drinking it just like the contract she offered.

'Staying inside will be safer for makima if I'm just with her all the time, but I also need to go outside for the client request and other more things..Haah...think Y/n.'

"Umm....Hey Makima. do you wanna, like.. go out with me- Not like a date." Y/n clarify that it wasn't like a date to Makima, waiting for the red-haired answer.

"..I'd love to."

"Thank you."

-

"You can wait here, I'll be quick."

The young adult runs off the building, living the red-haired to her workplace.

Y/n had taken Makima to her office where she do her work, but mostly preferred work at home instead, but sometimes come here for really important stuff.

The red-haired take a look around her office and seen many drawings of houses, buildings and more, one caught her swirl yellow is a drawing of a woman with braided hair like hers.

she takes a closer look at the illustrations. It was two girls holding hands and in a carnival, one smiling and the other one eating cotton candy with a necklace. Makima then remembered that the necklace looks familiar.

"It's the one she gave me...she drew me and her in the carnival."

Makima finds it amusing how the specific illustrations were placed in a special place on her desk rather than the messy pile in her office.

Exploring around Y/n office more, impressed at how good she draws and do her work overtime, Makima notices that for every unfinished illustrated project, there will be a doodle at the back and corner of it and it was always Makima or her parents. Makima didn't find it weird though, seeing the date of it, some were drawn 5 years ago, checking the recent piece seeing no more doodles of her at the back of it. Giving her a sign that she may have moved on from the red-haired devil.

"Sorry to disturb you Y/n I jus-"

It was one Y/n coworker, she doesn't know who the red-haired was or why she is in her friend's office.

"May I help in any way?" Makima asks politely to the confused middle-aged woman.

"Umm...ooh! you must that girl, now I remember- oh! I just need you to give Y/n this for me when she came back, thank you." The woman left leaving Makima to confuse at what she just heard.

'Now I remember? What does she mean?'

-

"Yes sir, we can add some few touches here and there and maybe a pool here if you want to, a garden maybe, or a backyard?"

Y/n was with her client explaining her ideas for what she designed their house. Adding some extra pieces seeing if the old man will like the idea, the old man seems to like her idea, deciding to take it as it is.

"You have impressed me with your Miss L/n."

"Thank you, sir." Y/n stood up as well as the old man offered a handshake, closing the deal.

"I'll send your payment on your bank account and I'll double it up for your hard work."

"Thank you so much sir, I'm grateful you liked it, I'll be taking my leave now."

"Thank you to Miss L/n."

With that, Y/n left the room her client was in and began to speed walk her way to her office to check up on the red-haired. Y/n open her office door to see the red-haired sitting on her office chair while holding her illustrations....the drawing of the two of them to be exact.

"Ma..makima." sweat began to form in her palm.

"Oh, your back, how was your meeting? Oh, and your friend requested me to give you this." Makima held up the paper the lady gave her earlier.

"oh thank you, and please, don't look at this, it's just a pathetic doodle." Y/n kind of forcefully grab the drawing makima was observing, crumbling it before tossing it in the little trash bin. Didn't want Makima to think that she was still in love with her, that drawing was 5 years ago where she still have her feelings, now it's different.

Makima eyes soften, seeing the beautiful sketches of her and Y/n crumble and thrown in the trash, like nothing. She's knows why Y/n did it, but she didn't want to ask her, fearing something might get out of hand.

"Um, do you wanna go eat outside?" Y/n tried to lighten up the mood in the air of the room.

"I'd love to, where should we go?"

"There's a new restaurant down the street we can go to, but please stay close to me, so I can protect you."

"You don't have to worry about me Y/n, I'm gonna be alright."

Makima smiled at Y/n who also return the perk up a smirk. but it only lasts for a second, before memories of her and Makima pop up in her mind. That smiled, doesn't look like the same she uses to see when she was still in love with her.....and falling in love again is y/n greatest fear and trauma.

'Whatever happens/whatever happens..'

'I promise that/ I promise you...'

'I will hold back my feelings / I won't hold back my feelings."

"For your next future Makima/ for our future Y/n'

'So please / so please..'

'Don't love me again /  Will you love me again?'