chp 2

Y/n pov

"Let...me...go.." I cringe as my throat hurts. It's hard to let out your words when you got used to signed language for your entire life.

"Hmm...I don't like her." An pink-haired girl with weird like devil horns, pulled her face to mine our lips almost touching, curling my lips in my mouth just to avoid an unnecessary accident.

"Oy! Don't go too close to her power!"

"Hey!" A dirty blonde boy pulled her friend back away from me, finally making breath out a heavy sigh.

"So what do we exactly need her for miss makima?" The raven boy asks the women name makima who's sitting behind her desk with a friendly smile.

"She will be helping us to fight the sound devil."

"So she will be joining us then?"

"Yes, denji."

Hang on a minute, when did they get the permission to choose that for me. They are holding me captivated. THESE PEOPLE ARE NUTS!

"Hey!" I yelled to get their attention and they seem to have followed.

"I....don't....join!"

"Huh? Cat got your tongue or something?"

"Cat! You mean nyako is in her tongue!"

"I don't mean nyako power!"

"Knock it off you two!"

The three began to argue about something cat-related, while they're distracted with one another, I began to wiggle my wrist from the ropes they tied on my hands, and in a bright flash in my eyes, it began to loosen.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you....Y/n."

Shiver travel down my spine like a flash, I failed to notice the other two pairs of eyes in the room. I gulp, but still didn't listen, but this time I try to not make it noticeable that I am trying to loosen the ropes.

I know it's reckless but once I got the ropes out of my wrist, I began to ran at the door only for it to be lock.

"Shit." I cursed underneath my breath.

"Oy!" I felt the presence of the three began to ran up to trying to catch me as I try to dodge their possible attempts to hold me down again. As if we are playing a game of three cats and one mouse.

I was then cornered beside the tall buildings glass, the raven hair with ropes I have loosen earlier. Having no way out of them, I grab a stool chair, launching it at fragile glass shattering it completely.

"Oh my..." the red head sigh.

"Oy! What do you think you are doing!?"

Completely unprepared, I jump out of the building not knowing how tall it was seeing the entire city getting close and close each seconds as I began to fall. Preparing myself my death, but it was quickly change when something had wrap around my waist.

'Chains?'

It was beginning to pull me up from where I had jumps and I was met face to face again with the four familiar face. I was then seated on the floor with chains around my arms and legs. I feel like a wild dog being lock out.

"Ooh dear, seems like this like it will take awhile for you to join our small offer for you." She got up from her chair and began to circle me. Feeling the air tense around and sweat dripping down my face, having no clue what to do in this situation.

"Tell you what, since we have 'accidentally' destroyed your workshop and I'm guessing you are finding a new job to replace that, I can make you an offer, hmm?"

"I..don't wan-!"

"This mission cost 10 thousand yen straight from the government, and I'm pretty sure your parents would be happy to see their child earning that much...right?"

With that shocking amount of money from just one mission that could also cost your life, but the payment is satisfying to hold in your hands.

What should I do? I could just find a decent job for a higher price, but this offer would be just a waste if I deny it right away. Think Y/n! The money or your life!

"I'll..."

"Hmm?"

"I'll..do it.."

-

"I'm home..."

With the amount of talking I have done today, my vocal cords are all worn out than my past days.

"Oh my, welcome home dear, you look like a mess, what happens?" My mom came around the corner and ask me what is my clothes all dusty and why I have scratches around my arms.

*fiends attack the city, destroyed my workplace.*

"My goodness, are you alright? Did you injure your arms or maybe your neck?!" My mom says with a really worried voice drawing my dad's attention towards hands.

"Does she needs an operation dear? I got my keys read-"

"Fine!" I burst out of nowhere.

"What?"

"I'm....fine." a cough escape my lungs and it was a really deep one, and it feels like my heart just stop.

"A-alright, have you eaten? Join us, dear, it will be much more pleasant if we are all together at one table."

I smile at my mom and just signal her that I just need to go to the bathroom first before joining you guys.

Locking our bathroom door, leaning my back against the wooden door. My mind was floating about what that woman makima has just offer. 10 thousand yen, that will be enough to cover our expenses, it will finally give my mom and dad a little relief on their shoulder from all the work they have been doing for the last 16 years.

Not to mention one of my hearing aids is having a weird sound, making my eardrums irritated, I have to get this fix soon.

'Alright makima, I'll take your offer, even if that mission takes half of my life of me, I still come back alive. I still wanna see my parents face once I turn 18.'

-

Walking down in an abandoned building and already hearing all of the nonhuman noises that it has been making since we arrived here.

"Alright Y/n, that devil can give us command like its nothing and since your deaf, what we want you to do. If that devil has made any spell casting thing like last time, slice that creatures head with this." The raven boy who's name is aki, gave me a knife-like sword.

"Is...there....another...hmm?" I should've have brought paper and pen to at least communicate with them properly.

"But if the plan didn't work, place my finger in this position and a fox devil will come, I already made a contract with him earlier to get us prepared for this." Placing his index and ring finger on top of his thumb, with his other finger peeking up, almost imitating a dog a feature.

"Alright let's move."

We began to sprint all over the building, but for some unknown reason, the building seems...odd. like eyes watching us, I recognise this feeling, but can't pinpoint it out.

-

"Hmm, looks like she's a clever girl to figure it out so fast."