chp22

Y/n feels as if the entire world has fallen silent. Her want for someone to recognize or utter her name came true.

Y/n raises her head to find a familiar red-haired woman she'd been looking for for a long time, with yellow eyes that could easily melt you. Y/n eyes couldn't stop the tears from streaming down her face. Not wanting to lose her for the second time, I dashed over to the red-haired woman and hugged her tightly.

"What the hell is going on with you, Y/n?"

"Are you all OK, dear?"

Her friends and parents were taken aback by the black-unexpected haired's behavior.

"Makima...makima..you came back....I'm sorry....I'm so sorry..."

Denji, Power and Aki along with her parents gave each other a confused look.

"Haha, I think you got the wrong person miss..."

When the red-haired tried to push her off nicely,  y/n's eyes sprung up and she felt her grip weaken. Seeing the love of her life brings tears to Y/eyes. n's

"Hey Y/n, are you all right?" Denji asks, his mouth full of food.

"Makima, have you ever met her?" Aki inquired of the red-haired.

"I'm not sure...this is my first meeting with her, but I presume that's how she greets on important occasions?"

'What is going on...?'

Y/n took a step back and looked at the red-haired woman. She appeared to be the same as before, with beautiful red hair and piercing yellow eyes, but something was wrong.

"I'm sorry.."

Y/n rush out of the room and ran out straight to the door, leaving everyone in the room shock and surprised. Not caring if it was freezing outside, Y/n just need to clear stuff in her mind.

-

Y/n swang herself in a swing at a nearby park, the only thing that was keeping her warm was a thin layer of jacket and a hot coffee she bought in a convenience store.

Y/n sat there in the cold thinking what Makima meant by they never met. It was like the whole world had lost memory or something. Y/n hand began to shake spilling some of the hot coffee on her skin but doesn't bother the girl thoughts.

"Mind if I sit here?"

Y/n glance up to see the familiar red-haired standing next to her.

"You run off, your parents are worried about you, you know?" The red-haired crack opens a can of beer, drinking it while keeping eye contact with the black-haired.

"W-what are you doing here?"

"Hmm? I wanted to go home first but I spotted you near my place so I figure you might need someone to talk to."

A glum expression was written all over Y/n face, not sure if the Makima she is talking to is real or not. She had the appearance of the girl she loves, same name, same face and everything about this 'makima' in front of her resemble her a lot.

But it was far away from the special woman she had in her heart.

"Makima was your name?"

"Hmm, yes."

"You have the same name as the girl I love."

"Really? Well, what happened to her?"

"..."

"Oh, it's ok to keep it t-"

"She disappeared."

The silence was all they hear, the red-haired look down at her feet before peeking up at the black-haired.

"I'm sorry for your lost."

"It's not your fault, don't worry. But you truly resemble her a lot." Y/n rise her hand, caressing the red-haired cheeks. The red-haired flinch abit feeling how cold her fingertips were.

"Tell me something Makima, what are you?"

"Huh? I guess a human. Why the odd question?"

"I see...you're not her, just a resemblance of her...."

Y/n didn't know tears were already streaming down like waterfalls, trying to wipe it off but it just keeps on overflowing her puffy red eyes. The red-haired don't know what to do, standing up from the swing, moving towards the crying girl beside her, lowering herself to the level of her.

"what are you do-"

"this person is special to you, right? And you said I look like her? Just try to imagine her giving you one warm hug on this cold night we're in."

Y/n voice cracks, tears were staining the red-haired clothes, but she didn't mind it. Y/n wrapped her arms around her waist, tightening her grip, burying her face on her shoulder, little whimpers and voice cracks were muffled in the girl's shoulder.

The red-haired now knows how much this person means to her.

-

Somewhere, where no human could travel, or contract their way in, lays down a red-haired with her yellow eyes was on top of pile of skulls and other dislocated body parts. Gazing from above, seeing the black-haired and the replica of her hugging on the park.

A small smiled form on her lips, one tear was leaving her eyes, her lips began to form a curl, fighting the urge to let out a whimper.

''What was my true desire? I just want to be equal with everyone. Have equal emotion, have equal past, have equal lifetime. Want to feel like what's it's like to have someone by my side, have our mini clone running around the house, me and her dying when we reach our old age.''

"But having the responsibility of being the control devil is really.....burdening."

"That doesn't matter now. Seeing you talking to my clone is more than enough for me...."

No matter how the two are apart, with no heart nor minds, their souls will always be connected despite the world their in.

"I hope the replica I made will make you happy till the end."

"This isn't you but it's enough to make me smile for a little while."

"I wish the world I created for you will bring you happiness..."

"Even if the world is destroyed, all I need is you by my side..."

"So much time in finding, but so little time we've spent, but it's enough to teach me about the feeling of being cherished by someone."

"So little time we spent, wanting to be greedy with it so I could rewind it all where we first met."

"Looks like our journey will be ending soon."

"The journey we created will get its ending too soon."

"But I promise you..."

"I promise..."

"Once I get recreated-"

"-into a new life."

"We will meet again/ we will meet again."

"With a new story/ with a new beginning."