ch25

"So you found her?"

"Yeah, she's working in a small cafe, it's cute seeing her in an apron."

"I see, what are you gonna do now? Surely the girl won't remember you after those years."

"I know, I'm just visiting her, besides, I hope I could maybe be her friend, rather than a stranger right? Professor Kishibe."

"Haaah, I'm getting old for the public safety stuff, I'm glad you wipe all of the devil and fiends in this world Makima." A lighter click, lighting the cigarette the old man had in his mouth.

"I don't want her to be reborn in a chaotic world again. It's funny how it seems like nothing changes in her."

-

"Thank you."

"Y-yeah."

The red-haired grabbed her drink and left the cafe with a smile. Y/n stood there shocked frozen, not knowing her friends were watching the whole thing.

"Red-haired."

"Yellow eyes."

"Oh my god, isn't that what Y/n describe a min-!"

"Shh, be quiet Liam."

The black-haired stared at nothing, her brain was drifting in mid-space. Handshaking, heart beating like no other.

"That name....why did my lips speak it?"

It was already noon, the cafe is almost closing and little people were in it, the teenager was already cleaning up the table, some are mopping and some are wiping the table.

Levy nudged Wen shoulder grabbing the girl attention and pointing at the daydreaming black-haired.

"I swear that mop is gonna be dry soon before her dreaming ends," Liam stated.

"It's definitely about that redhead," Wen whispered to the two of them.

"Yeah we know, that girl has been doing nothing but space out when that girl left."

"You think it's love first sight?" Wen asked.

"You mean seeing the stranger you just met and already getting butterflies in your stomach? Then probably." Levy responded.

"Alright, that's it. Time to snap that little dreaming statue up."

"Liam!" The two girls yelled in a low voice.

"Y/n L/n! It's time to wake up!"

"Liam please take my place." Y/n gave the mopped to her friend who looked at her in surprise.

"H-huh?"

"I'll treat you to lunch next week."

The black hair removes the cafe signatures apron, before carelessly leaving the little place. The black hair run down the streets of Tokyo, not crowded like in the morning, her eyes turning from left to right,  searching for someone.

'Don't let her go.'

'Don't ever leave her side.'

'She's someone-'

"Special in my heart."

Y/n don't know why she was running, not knowing where her legs were taking her, but she just goes with it. Her body was moving on its own like it's been awakened from a long slumber.

Y/n panted and stop a park where some apartments were built near it. Sweats drop down her forehead, her tied up hair was messy from the running and sweating from the wind. Y/n gaze around the field, not knowing why she was exploring it. Y/n pass the slide, monkey bars and more.

"Why did I even come here?"

Y/n ask herself, checking the night sky above her. It was nighttime already. With a tired body, Y/n made a decision that's finally to go home.

"Are you perhaps looking for someone?"

Turning her upper body around to view a redhead sitting on a bench all by herself. Y/n didn't know what to do, this feeling....this place....it's like she's been here before.

"You..."

"Hmm?"

"U-uh, I'm sorry, but I want to ask you something if it doesn't bother you."

"Sure, what is it?"

"Have we met before?"

The yellow and black orbs stare back at each other away in their path, the red hair giggled before patting a space beside her, gesturing to sit down with her. The black hair was hesitant but complied with her gesture. Sitting down beside the red hair, she laid her head on Y/n lap, caching the black hair off guard.

"Would like me to tell you a story?" The red-haired ask, caressing Y/n soft cheeks.

"U-umm...sure.."

-
"Woah...that's....crazy..."

"You can believe me or not, but that's really how you and I met....in the past."

"So...I'm reborn again?"

"Yep, hopefully, it doesn't make you think I'm some mentally unstable person."

"W-what? No no, I believe you...it's just unbelievable to know all of this, I even think some of my past memories are coming back to me." Y/n place her hand over her left eye, a little headache was throbbing in her head. Showing bit by bit of scene with her perspective of the redhead.

Makima places her palm on the right side of the girl's face, all of a sudden Y/n headache was gone. The woman hand was warm, Y/n placed her palm on top of Makima nuzzling her cheeks in. Feeling the warmth and familiar touches of the red-haired making her heart tighten.

"You should go home now...your family will be worrying about you." The red-haired raise from Y/n lap, ready to leave, but her hand was grabbed by the woman.

"W-wait, um..Makima right? If you don't mind me asking, do you have a lover?"

"Funny question, no. The people right now are not my liking. Besides I promise to myself to only love 'her' and only 'her"

"I see, umm...I know this is pretty straightforward but...I would like to unravel the past memory in me. Would you kindly help me with it? I am curious about this Y/n and you in the past." Y/n ask nervously, avoiding the yellow eyes gazing at her.

A smile appeared on Makima lips, her eyes were getting foggy, holding the tears back in her eyes.

"If that's what you want, then would you like to go on a date with me?"

"Huh? Oh, yeah sure, I'd love to.. where too?" Y/n eyes beam with joy.

"A small carnival that's all." The red hair says with a beaming smile.

Y/n knew before her eyes, something was blooming inside of her. Something odd and warm, her body had done an action that was out of her command, bringing the red-haired close to her, wrapping her arms around her body, embracing her tightly. Afraid to let the world take her away....again.

"I'm sorry if this was out of the blue...."