chp14

"Hang on a minute you two, keep her cuffed. I need to talk with Y/n privately." The old man said to the two-man team who were keeping a watch on the red-haired seated woman.

"Yes, sir!" The two saluted.

The two walk over to another room, where Y/N is currently working.Y/n crossed her arms as she waited for the old guy to speak up. Y/n squinted her eyes, knowing that her office would soon smell like burnt cigarettes.

"So what are we going to talk about?"

"I'm leaving Makima to you as like a temporary day off for her," Kishibe said in a monotone voice. 

"Ha?!" Y/n is taken aback by what the old man has just told her.

"There's no telling how much she will lose her balance if she's going to be in the HQ with just stacks of papers and killing friends and devils every day. She will be a mindless working machine." We're not heartless Y/n. We need someone to be there by her side who always takes care of her and is somewhat like emotional support. " Kishibe explained as he took another sip of the cigarette.

Well, what about Deni? Aki? "Po-" Y/n tried to make another reason but was simply cut off by the old man.

"We have moved the three to another team, meaning they can no longer meet or take orders from Makima. It's dangerous for the denji and the two to be too close to her now." 

"Yeah... but, why me?"

"Y/n, you're the only makima seems to trust and be comfortable with. You're also good at understanding her personality and actions." Kishibe gazes at the black-haired woman who is in deep thought.

"..." 

"Haaah, looks like you won't be ta-"

"I'll do it."

"Hmm?"

Y/N spoke without making eye contact with the elderly gentleman.

Kishibe smiled and thanked the girl for understanding him.

"We'll drop her and her stuff here tomorrow morning if that's OK." 

"It's fine with me."

The two walked out of the room. The two men never left their eyes off the red-haired but were only broken when Kishibe returned.

"Sir!"

We are leaving Makima underhanded with the woman Y/n L/n, and will inform the government when we get back to Japan.

"Yes, sir!" The two said it in sync.

Kishibe handed a paper to Y/n, the girl, giving him a confused look, but daring him to open it later on. Kishibe and his two other men began to exit, but without saying anything.

"We'll pick her back up again after a year."

"A year?" Y/n yelled in disbelief.

The door closed, leaving the black-haired woman surprised at what she had just heard.

.....

'Nice job, four-eyes, now look what you have brought into your house now.'

The devil spoke in my head, having me pinch my bridge nose in an exhausted manner.

'already have four pairs of eyes, yet I am still blind.'

OK, that hurts.

Sighing, I sat beside the red-haired devil. I gaze at Makima, who is wearing her classic smirk, gulping my saliva down my throat, not knowing what to do now in this situation.