Downfall

In that specific moment, April had never ran so fast in her entire life. She was rushing down the hallways and out of the castle to the Whomping Willow.

The crisp spring breeze blowing through her raven coloured hair whilst goosebumps slowly appeared on her pale skin.

Her heart was racing which felt like it was about to beat out of her chest at any moment as her breathing was ecstatic.

Truthfully she didn't know what she was going to do. The minute she saw her boyfriend's, adoptive and biological Father's names on the map, her mind went blank.

Now was not the time to be spilling all the secrets she was still yet to tell them...

All she could think about was, what would happen if she was too late...

The sun was already set as the darkness was overcoming the entire grounds of Hogwarts.

Her lungs were starting to burn off the pace she was running at whilst her breathing was erratic to start with.

As she approached the large tree, she immediately noticed Harry, Hermione and a rather injured Ron who were stumbling out, onto the grounds.

"Ron! What's happened!" April instantly asked whilst rushing over to the ginger boy who had a rather nasty gash down his leg.

"Sirius, he nearly tore my leg off" Ron whimpered whilst being assisted to sit on the grass to rest.

"What's going on?" She asked the three third years who all looked perplex.

Although she was panicking on the inside, April still had to keep her composure, after all no one knew about her relationship with her teacher or the wrongly accused convict who she had grown to care for.

"Sirius is innocent! Professor Lupin is helping him pull Pettigrew out now, look!" Harry announced whilst pointing in the direction where she spotted a rather disheveled Remus, who was tightly gripping a hold of the man who was finally responsible.

"Where's Professor Snape?" The older witch asked still keeping her eyes locked onto the guilty wizard who was now supported up by Sirius who both, hadn't noticed her yet.

"Passed out inside, Harry hexed him into oblivion, the poor git" Ron stated matter of factly which instantly caused a blow to his arm off Hermione.

"WHAT?!" April shouted whilst whipping her head back and staring at the three students.

"He's fine, don't worry" Harry sighed.

"Yeah Scabbers would've gotten away if Harry didn't. Look on the bright side, the man probably deserved it." Ron mumbled as his friend nodded to which caused another blow to his arm off the older witch.

"Ow-"

"-Don't forgot who you're talking to here" April announced with a raise of her brow. Something she did which imitated her Father's expression so well.

"Sorry" the two boys whispered whilst their heads hung slightly lower.

"April?!"

The witch turned her attention to the familiar honey-like voice who's eyes were wide and panicked.

"What are you doing here?!" He asked hoarsely as she made her way over to him where he was standing near Sirius.

"I'll leave you two alone" smugly stated Sirius, with a grin, who went to check on Harry.

"Why are you not confused that you've just seen a wanted convict? And why does he look as if he already knows what's going on with us?" The Professor asked with a cocked brow.