Chapter 10) Surprise

Mister Kim entered the door with his small luggage. I got up from the couch and headed towards him. He flashed me a smile before moving in. I peeked outside the door but frowned seeing empty. I turned towards him and asked,"Sir aren't there any furnitures?"

He looked at me with an amused and shocked look. "A-Actually no, there are not?" He said licking his lips. Its strange that there are not really one. I was going to ask him again but he quickly said, "Umm.. i am really exhausted. Please give me a glass of water."

I nodded before walking towards the kitchen and get him water. I handed him the glass and he gulped the whole in one go. "Thank you." He said and went to my bedroom.

I signed before flopping myself on the couch. My apartment is really small and it has only one room. That means I'm going to sleep in this couch. It is going to be really very weird to live with professor under the same roof for god knows how many days. How am I gonna survive? I really can't even breathe around him. And the changes he makes me feel is another level.

I massaged my temple and closed my eyes for some moments. And before I even knew I was drifted off to my dreamland.

***
Taehyung POV

I got up and did my morning routine before heading to the living room. I entered it and looked around in search of Jieun. I flinched a bit seeing a figure laying on the sofa. She really looks like an angel when she is sleeping. I smiled a bit but soon that faded. I realized that she was in her slumber in a sitting position.

She will get her neck pain. I felt a bit bad as I realized she had to sleep here because of me. I sighed before shaking her to wake up.

Jieun POV

I opened my eyes due to someone shaking. I frowned seeing the person in front of me. "Who are you?" I asked him. He widened his eyes and gulped. He moved his hand in front of my face and shook me again. "Don't you remember me? Are you okay? Do you have fever? Shall I call the doctor? Are you feeling bad? Or are you having a headache?"

The person bombarded me with questions. I blinked a few times before realising it was Mister Kim. I got fully awaked and stood up from the couch. "S-sorry sir. I am really okay. I actually got a little bit carried away. Don't worry about me." I apologised and ran off towards the bathroom.

God! That was embarrassing.

After a while I did my morning and headed towards the kitchen. I got a bit startled as I heard a loud noise coming from there. I rushed there and saw him laying on the floor. I bite my lips to prevent myself from bursting out.

I don't know why I really have this weird disease of laughing when someone falls in front of me.

I stood there and tried my best to just blankly stare and not smile. "What are you waiting for? Help me." He suddenly shouted and I walked towards him. I pulled by his hand and helped him stand up.

"Sir are you okay?" I asked him. "Y-Yeah I'm okay." He nodded and looked away. "Listen don't laugh okay. It's normal for people to sometimes be clumsy." He said in his deep voice. And the next thing I knew I started laughing really hard.

He looked at me sharply and I immediately stopped. "Sorry sir." I said with an apologetic look. "Okay i forgive you this time." He said and shrugged his shoulders.

He left the kitchen. I looked around and saw he didn't really made anything. I sighed and started to make sandwiches once again....

After preparing i served him the food. He looked at me with a smirk and said, "You don't really know how to cook, do you?" I scratched my head feeling a bit flustered before nodding my head in tiny. He chuckled and started to eat.

It was a peaceful silence between us which he decided to break. "Since today is the weekend let me take you somewhere."

"Where sir?" I asked him being confused. "You will get to see. " He said with some kind of mystery hidden in his voice. I shrugged it but deep inside i was curious and excited. So I finished my food fast and waited for him impatiently.

After a while he finally was done and ready to go. I jumped excitedly and went outside with him. He chuckled deeply before coming behind me.

We were outside of the gate. "Wait here. Let me bring the car." He said. I nodded and waited for him. He has a car. Strange matter.

***

It was quite past some time. He was still driving the car. I looked outside of the window and saw we are in the forest area. Suddenly i felt a gush of fear inside of me. This area was really deep and isolated. I felt scared.

"S-Sir wh-where are t-taking me?" I asked him. Bur he didn't answered instead smirked. I started shivering and my breathing was uneven. I was starting to have a panic attack. I grabbed his arm and shook it violently. "Sir please don't..." I couldn't complete my sentence as the breathe got stuck in my throat. I felt my eyes water. But I held back the tears.

He looked towards me and his eyes were widened. He pulled the car aside and took my hand in his. "Wait... Calm down... I am not going to harm you... I am taking you to a beautiful place.... I swear you will be happy.. it's a surprise. Thats why I didn't told you. Calm down please." He said.

Somehow his voice was soothing and relaxing. I calmed myself down and decided to believe him. I nodded at him and he started driving again. Suddenly the car stopped and I looked outside. My eyes were widened.

________________