Chapter 14) Pastry Cake

I doodled on the side of my textbook laying my head in my arms. Mrs.Lee dozed off in front of me in her desk. And unexpectedly there is no other students for detention today. I sighed as these 2 hours seemed like forever.

My stomach growled giving me a reminder that I didn't ate anything for the day. I massaged my temple as I started to have a headache.

I groaned stomping my feet which unintentionally disturbed my professor's beauty sleep. She gave me a warning to not make any noise and started sleeping again.

Suddenly I heard some noise coming from outside. I glanced at the door and saw Mister Kim standing there piercing at me. Although he was looking really seductive at that moment, I can't really help myself but glare at him. He is the cause of my detention at the end.

He smiled at me before knocking on the door. Mrs Lee abruptly got off from her sleep and gestured Mister Kim to enter.

"Mrs Lee, I just wanted to inform that the principal called you for some work."

"Oh I see. Thanks for informing. Miss Jieun, you can go home. Your detention is over." She said getting up from her desk.

I stood up grabbing my bag and bowed to the teachers before almost rushing out of the class.

I really didn't had any energy left in my body but still managed to go to the bus station. I felt like I am about to collapse down as I automatically leaned forward. Before I could reach the ground someone gripped on my shoulder and pressed my body upto him for support.

"Geez, you are so weak." The deep voice said.

"So what do you even expect? I didn't had breakfast in fear of getting late. At the end I still got late. Then I bought myself lunch which was threw away by one of my bloody classmate. She did it accidentally but I still cursed her. I didn't had the money to buy again. And last but not the least this stupid detention made me more furious." I beamed at him narrowing my eyes.

"Calm down calm down, young lady." Mister Kim said smiling widely. "How about I take you to a restaurant? I guess that will be a make up for it."

I immediately stood back and started dragging him. I couldn't get anymore happier than this.

We were at a restaturant impatiently waiting for our kimchi fried rice. There was an awkward silence until he decided to break it. "So about the last night...."

"What about the last night?" I asked him paying not that much attention as I was busy looking at the pastry cakes in the transparent freezer.

Taehyung POV

"U-uh listen, I actually I... Kind of... I...."

"Sir, Ma'am here is your order." The waitress came up to us with two dishes cutting me off. I almost cursed aloud but I held myself together.

Seeing the food her face litted up and she didn't wait for me before digging in. I mentally scoffed before starting to eat.

We ate in silence as we were way too hungry for a conversation.

I was waiting for the bill. When I realized it might take some time I decided to say it to her.

"Jieun..... I wanted to say this from a long time... I actually.... Are you even listening?" I barked at her being furious as she didn't gave me any heed.

"Yeah yeah I'm listening." She said still looking at the other direction.

I looked towards and saw the pastry cakes in the freezer. A grin replaced with the frown on my face. So, she was ignoring because of this.

I chuckled as she was really cute.

I called for the waitress and asked her, "What flavour do you want?"

She looked at me in shock and said, "What?"

"I asked what flavour of cake do you want?"

She let out a little laugh before smiling widely, "Black forest."

I nodded before placing the order.

It was not more than two minutes when cakes arrived. I must mention they really had fast service in here.

I saw her eating happily which also made me happy. My heart fluttered seeing her. Only she can fulfill the empty place in my heart. No one else can.

_______________