Steve

CHAPTER WARNING: Possible trigger warning for violence, murder and emotional trauma.

Authors Note: Sorry this chapter is so short, It was a hard one to write but it is pivotal. I hope you all are having a wonderful week and thank you for reading this story! It means a lot to me.

--- Loki's Point of View ---

(2 Years In The Future)

I watched expecting it to stop - I thought something would happen to intervene in this moment, but time continued as it had the first time I watched, I did not move an inch from where I was.

I gasped covering my mouth with my hand to stifle a cry when I watched as The Winter Soldier stabbed her in her chest.

Blood, there was so much fucking blood.

The scream that came from her small body was an awful, almost inhuman and haunting as it was last time I had heard it.

That sound came to me in the night sometimes, as a nightmare I couldn't run from.

It was now that I disappeared before because I couldn't handle it - I loved her as well and seeing her death fucked me up, but I stayed, it was hard but I forced myself to.

I watched as the life and fight went out of her, her eyes closing and her head turned to the side.

I watched as The Winter Soldier changed back to Bucky, he looked so confused and looked around him, dropping the knife beside him as he started hyperventilating.

"Oh Bucky..." I muttered quietly as I watched as he slowly realized what he was looking at.

"Chase...baby, oh god I'm so sorry, what have I done baby no." He sobbed loudly - body racking sobs, he looked so lost, blood was everywhere, and he pulled her up into his lap cradling her against him, covering himself in her blood.'

Fucking shit her blood was everywhere, why was there so much blood?

He buried his head into her neck, his cried loud and uncaring rocking her gently. After a short about of time, he looked up, his dirty face tear stained and he was shaking, he looked at the knife on the ground.

He reached over and picked it up, and turned it so it was pointing directly at him.

I could tell by the determination in his eyes that he was planning on stabbing himself in the stomach, full on Japanese Seppuku style.

Shuri and Ayo came running up, there ship was silently parked a few meters away, I was so horrified that I didn't even notice.

"Bucky stop..." Ayo demanded.

Shuri and Ayo stopped right in front of him.

"I can't live with this, I can't live without her...why wasn't I stopped...I'm a monster you shouldn't have saved me back then..."

"I'm sorry we didn't get to you both in time..."

His grip on the knife handle tightened, and he started taking deep breaths, no doubt preparing to stab himself.

"Please - you can't join her, Sarah needs you..."

Shuri pulled up a holographic screen and on it was Sarah, playing in the fields of Wakanda, I could hear her laugh from where I was standing.

Seeing that picture stopped him, and I could literally see the resolve leave him. Bucky sobbed, dropping the knife and putting his hands over his face, smearing blood there.

Ayo gently moved forward and removed Chase from his lap, and then they both all but forced Bucky onto his feet and lead him to the aircraft.

I watched as they left with him.

That pissed me off that they just left her there, I started to go over to her when something happened.

An orange time door opened, and Steve stepping out, he had longer hair and a beard - like it was during the war, I gasped as he picked up her broken body and walked right out of the timeline, I ran over and saw nothing but blood on the ground.