Chapter 12: Amusement Park

Bethane's POV:

It's Friday now, and I'm literally having a whole fight with myself on the topic of what I should wear.

I got a bunch of work from the new internship that I needed to get completed, plus, college assignments. I completed both on time of course since I start on assignments the second they're given to me. That way, I'll have a lot of time to put as many details as I possibly can and of course to make it perfect.

This whole week has just been working, stressing about tonight, and finding an apartment. I'm seriously worried now because I still haven't found a place that meets my budget and is safe for me to be living in.

"How many times do you plan on looking through the same outfits?" Ivy asks, startling me as she stands against the door frame.

How long has she been there?

"Stay there," she sighs with a shake of her head.

A minute passes when Ivy returns with a black- full-sleeve, turtle neck top and solid white, straight-leg pants.

"Try these on," she commands firmly.

I nod as I make my way to the restroom to change.

"Oh," Ivy stops me. "Do you have any cardigans? Like those long ones that go all the way to your feet?"

I think about it and I may have a few in my suitcase.

When I open it and find the three long cardigans she's talking about, I hand them over to her and she thanks me.

"Never wear a cardigan that reaches to your feet. I'm burning these and we're buying you cuter ones." She smiles as she walks out of here, looking very serious about her statement.

"Wai-," I'm about to stop her, but they're probably already in the fire anyway. I didn't think they were that cute anyways, I just have a problem with letting clothes go.

I stroll into the restroom and throw the outfit on. Ivy and I have the same body shape and size, so everything fits. The turtle neck hugs my breasts very well, and these loosely fitted jeans outline the curves of my hips firmly. Though, when I look at myself in the mirror, I can't help but think it's too much.

Ivy walks back in without my cardigans, and right as she does, her mouth opens with excitement.

"You look gorgeous!"

"Do you think it's too much?" I ask, self-consciously.

"You're going on a date, right?" she confirms with the small snippet of a detail I gave her since I didn't want to go in-depth about the lie.

I nod.

"Well, if you want the guy to think you're the only girl in the room, then that outfit is perfect," she explains her dating expertise.

I think the guy I'm going on a date with may like Rider's outfit more than mine, but I have to make tonight look believable, so I listen to Ivy's tips.

"Now, come on, let's do your hair." She pats the chair in front of the vanity for me.

I take a seat while Ivy brings the curling iron.

"I love this! It feels like I finally have a sister!" she says excitedly.