Chapter 21: Dinner

Bethane's POV:

I get showered and brush my teeth with an extra toothbrush that Rider had in a box left on the counter. My hair was a frizzy mess, and my eyes were slightly red so at least I look decently human now. My head still hurts like a bitch, but the coffee is making it a little better. I'm surprised he knew to get me black coffee since I don't usually like sweet things, especially creamers since it feels less like caffeine and more like a sugary drink which won't help me stay motivated.

I throw Rider's shirt on which plops down to my mid-thigh the second I slip it on. The pants have no chance of staying on me so I decide to just wear my underwear. It's not like anyone can see underneath my shirt anyway.

I walk out of the bedroom with my hair already dried since it's wavy and dries fairly quickly. The hallway is humongous, and when I walk into the kitchen, I realize that said hallway was nothing compared to this.

Holy shit!
How rich is he?

There are two kitchen counters with a white top and a black bottom. Lights hang pretty close to the counter which are also black while the cabinets and oven are brightly white. The sunshine that shines in here through the spacious living room windows makes the whole apartment look even better, putting me in awe with this place.

I don't even notice Rider making me breakfast until I glance once more at the kitchen to admire it. He seems to be flipping something in a pan while also thinking to himself about something. His back muscles which I just happen to notice are flexing out of his shirt.

Not that I like them or anything.

"You want maple syrup?" He sets the plate of eggs in front of me after pouring them onto two plates.

I shake my head with my nose scrunched a little because I'd much rather eat spice than anything that tastes as sweet as maple syrup.

I take the plate from his hand with a grateful thank you. He flashes me a grin before turning off the stove and grabbing his food to sit down with me at the breakfast table which is right beside the kitchen.

We both take a seat and begin to eat in silence and I can't tell if this is comfortable or painful to sit through.

Flashback:

Friday, October 20

"I know you're fucking lying," I hear Roman's voice shout at Rider who's standing against his car.

"You really shouldn't curse so much, that shit isn't good for you," Rider replies, making Roman roll his eyes at him. "What? I ditched. I needed some me time." He holds his chest.

"You were in pain when Lorence barely hit you," Roman retorts.

"I'm fragile." Rider nods in an I'm guessing sarcastic way.

Both of them turn around simultaneously when I approach closer which now I feel bad for doing, but Roman's my ride and there's nothing more awkward and embarrassing than just standing around, waiting for one's ride by yourself.

"You ready to go?" Roman asks me and I nod.

I look over at Rider and see him give me a look that motions back over to Roman.