Chapter 43: Plane

Bethane's POV:

Two months later:

"So then what'd you do?" I ask Rider over the phone.

"I told him ass tastes great," he laughs at himself and my eyes widen before I throw my head back in laughter.

"And he let you live!" I exclaim.

"Roman isn't the brightest." He shakes his head. "What are you doing?"

"Just working," I brush off. (Literally checking off on my checklist the last things for my suitcase to come and see you.)

He has no idea that I booked a flight to come and visit him. It was a surprise I'd been planning for weeks. We saw each other on Christmas, but it's been a while and I miss him.

"Guess who's back!" Ivy throws her hands out with Eldon behind her.

"I missed you!" I walk up and hug her tightly.

"I know! I missed you too!"

I hug Eldon after her and Ivy notices my packed bags. I quickly shush her since Rider's still on the line and she oh's.

"Hey Rider, I'll call you back in a few minutes."

"Can't you just tell Ivy to fuck off," he whines, purposefully speaking louder to make sure she heard him.

"How sweet," Ivy bitterly replies.

"Fine. Bye," he grumbles, giving in unwillingly.

"Bye. I love you," the words slip out before I realize what I just said.

My eyes go wide immediately, and as my neck snaps downwards to my phone, Rider's already hung up.

Ivy and Eldon stand there with their mouths or eyes wide open which only makes my panic worse.

"Did you just-?" Ivy asks.

"I think I just did." I slap my hand over my mouth.

I had kept it in for so long. I couldn't have waited until I got to San Francisco! This wasn't a part of my schedule!

"And you've never said it before?" Eldon confirms and I shake my head no.

"He probably didn't even hear it." I try to shrug it off so I can calm down the anxiety attack approaching.

"Exactly," Eldon agrees with me.

"He probably did," Ivy has to say.

Eldon sighs at her.

"What? I've heard the start of so many conversations right before people hang up. I'm not going to lie to her."

"Okay, but that doesn't mean it's a bad thing," Eldon reassures me.

"It doesn't mean it's a good thing either. I mean, I've never seen Rider in a relationship which is because of you, but who knows? He may have relationship issues." Ivy looks over at Eldon who is staring at her blankly. "But either way, if he heard it, you tell he heard right and if he has anything bad to say about it, you chop his dick off or call me and I'll do it for you."

"Why is that your first solution?" Eldon questions.

"Why is being a jerk men's first solution?"

"Fair point." Eldon shrugs.

Okay, after all of that, I'm still going to pretend that he didn't hear anything and live my life in denial.

~~~~