Chapter 3: Driving

Bethane's POV:

Monday, October 2

A couple of seconds earlier:

Yasmin tells me all about the school and all the kids who have...flaws you might say. By flaws I mean people who are assholes and I should stay away from if you couldn't tell.

I feel the side of my head being watched. I mean, I usually feel like that because of my anxiety, but this time, it feels a little stronger and more compelling.

When I glance around once just to be sure someone isn't telling me with their eyes that I have something on my face, my eyes travel to the hallway where some students are stepping towards the cafeteria. My eyes keep traveling around the room until they stop at where I feel the staring coming from.

Oh, crap!

The guy from first period is now looking directly at me.

I don't know if want to crumble into oblivion, or never stop looking at his chiseled features. He's taller when he's not sitting down, and boy does he look even better than before.

My stupid self accidentally looks down at the well-built stomach and chest that anyone can tell is muscular through his shirt.

I see a smirk forming when I look back up and see he noticed my entire two seconds of gawking, but that smirk fades quickly when a pair of glossy lips attach to his.

The beautiful brunette with the slimmest waist and perfectly tall, model height that matches with the Rider's perfectly pushes him against the wall confidently. He holds her shirt as they kiss, and I don't think I've looked away from something faster than I did right now.

I'm an idiot.
What is wrong with me?

I'm not really disappointed at him not being single, but more at me for thinking someone else's boyfriend was attractive right in front of them. One thing I'm totally against is people who cheat or guys or girls that check other people's significant other out. It's something I would never want to happen to me so why would I inflict it on other people?

"You okay?" Yasmin asks by the change of my body language.

I look at her and tug my lips up in a smile. "Yeah, fine."

The rest of the day goes by with me sitting alone at lunch because I couldn't find the two people I knew, so I sat in the courtyard and just observed quietly. Roman, later on, texted me that he had to talk to his coach about football, meaning he couldn't sit with me. Of course, I said it's fine because I can handle myself, I don't need a full-on escort everywhere I go. Plus, the weather was nice and most importantly, it was quiet.

The entire school day, I kept my eyes on the floor rather than on everyone. Socializing isn't my strong suit, and I don't mean to be rude-looking, but it sometimes comes off that way because I'm usually thinking hard and my face naturally turns very serious.

I think the best part of my day was government since it was an interesting class and the teacher seemed nice. I've always been a history person, and also learning about the government and how everything works is something that's always appealed to me.

Spanish was easy as well, but that's only because I've practiced the language so much that I understand most of it now.

Because the world loves me so much, Rider and his girlfriend sat right beside me in my last period which is Home Ec. I couldn't shake the feeling of their eyes being on me, but I never looked to confirm.