Chapter 20: Hungover

Bethane's POV:

Ivy and I get to the dance floor as a few women surround us. One grabs my hips and I do the same, both of us moving to the beat of the music.

I don't think I've ever danced in my entire life, but I also don't think I've ever seen a shady clown standing in the distance so I guess we're doing and seeing new things today.

The girl's hands slide down my waist as we're just having fun before she turns me around to make my back face her. I push my hair from one side to the other since my neck feels a little hot while basically grinding my ass against her.

She turns me back around by putting her hands on my hips, both of us laughing and telling each other a bunch of jumbled nonsense since we're both drunk.

I think I just made a new friend. She even told me she liked my makeup. Do you know how big of a compliment that is from a pretty woman? Too big, I'll tell you that much.

Everything's going great until an abrupt pair of lips gets placed on my neck. I snap my head around slower than normal due to the drinks I have in my system, and I see a guy whom I've never met before in my entire life. He's decently attractive, but he's holding my hips with the girl without my permission and he definitely isn't as attractive as Rider.

Did I just say that?

The guy moves my ass against his front, and I suddenly am not having as much fun anymore. The girl who was just with us has left and is seen dancing with another woman now.

I feel betrayed.

I see Ivy faintly on the dance floor, and when I look over to my left, I see Eldon watching her like a hawk.

When I keep looking around, my eyes land on the most breathtaking sight I've ever seen in my entire life.

Rider is watching me. Scratch that, deathly glaring at me while he's speaking to a random guy. Well, mostly at my ass which this guy is making me grind on him with, my arm thrown behind his neck and all of my hair sitting on my right shoulder.

Rider's jaw is tighter than it's ever been, and his hand gripping onto his glass looks as if it's about to shatter if he applies any more pressure to it. His muscles are flexing through his shirt with his veins popping out of his arms, his leg bouncing repeatedly. He's not the smiling, joking-around Rider anymore because this Rider looks like he could kill with just one glance.

For some reason, my body gains pleasure from watching him be jealous. Maybe it's 'cause I'm drunk or all around a horrible person, but shit does he look even more attractive right now. Not that he...for tonight, I'm quitting denying anything so what I said is what I meant.

When the guy spins me to touch my entire body, I get a peek of not just jealousy on Rider's face, but sadness. Real sadness, and not the sarcastic one he jokes about.

It's like the bang of this guy's chest bumping into my breasts and the sight of that look sends me over the edge, reminding me of what I'm doing, as well as who I am.

Shit!

Rider's POV:

A few minutes ago: