Chapter 27

Eleanor was staying the night. And Theo was true to his words, because he made love to her for hours until she was so exhausted she couldn't keep her eyes open anymore.

Oh but it felt so good to have her sleeping in his arms again. He swore he'd never loose her again. Just the thought of her walking out the door would bring him to his knees. But right now he was deliriously happy.

It was dark, not that late either, but Theo decided to take a shower. He did his best to get out of bed without waking her.

. -. -. -. -. -. -. -.

Eleanor's eyes opened minutes later to find herself all alone in the large bed. The clock on the wall showed that it was almost midnight. As she layed there,tossed in the sheets, she felt the cool breeze coming through the open window.

Oh no!

She completely forgot to tell Andrea where she was going to stay the night.

Someone was going to be in very big trouble.

Andrea was probably worried sick right now. Reaching for the phone on the nightstand, she typed a long message to her sister before tapping send. Then let out a sigh and turned her body, burying her face into the pillows. Theo's wonderful intoxicating scent filled her nostrils to the point of near brain death.
She inhales deeply.
He always smelled like body wash. It was so refreshing.

The silence was broken by the sound of footsteps tapping against the wooden floor. She lifts her head, eyes sparkling at the slow lazy smile Theo gave her.

"Hey."

"Hi." Eleanor was suddenly shy since she gave him her body few hours ago.

Her eyes trailed up his legs. He wore boxers that rested low on his hips, over strong thighs. His chest was bare, muscled and looking magnificent. Her nipples beaded up just by the predatory gleam in those eyes.

He sauntered further towards the bed, then climed in. "I see you're still naked under the sheets. Dare I hope there's a reason why?"

He wiggled his brows.

A rosy flush spread along her cheekbones.

"You know I don't really like sleep naked, especially when I'm lying next to you."

He hummed in response, pulling her closer and gently stroked her hair. She fluttered her eyes closed and smiled.

"I'm so happy Eleanor." He muttered in a voice that warmed every part of her.

"Me too."

"I won't loose you sweetheart. Not ever." He swallowed.

It was a promise.

"Let's make this marriage work."

Her eyes finally  opened, stared deeply into his and noticed how they light up.

"I'm lost without you. You're everything to me." His smile was tender.

Her heart melted. "Theo, why are you saying such nice things to me?"She asked softly.

He cupped her cheeks,eyes twinkling." Why? Because the truth is, I love you Eleanor. "

Her breath caught in her throat.
It took a moment for her to process what he just said.
Love?!
Did he really say that out loud?

Her heart almost stopped beating. This emotionally unavailable man had fallen in love with her!

She must be dreaming this.