Chapter 10

Eleanor's POV

My eyes opened and I came fully awake, realizing it was a warm summer morning. The light seemed brighter than usual today.

Sitting up straight,immediately dazzled by the sun, I felt a little sick. My head was now aching terribly.
I shouldn't have taken much from that whiskey last night. And then I wonder, why do men even like it that much?

After a short bath I changed into a denim shorts and tank top,then went downstairs to eat breakfast. Later there'd still be time to scrub laundry and do dish washing.

The memory of last night did not go away. What would've happened if I didn't stop Theo from kissing and caressing me?
Would he have taken it further, or would he have stopped by himself?

Holy cow! Maybe he tried to trick me with the whiskey so he could have his way.

No...no I'm wrong, Theo wouldn't do that.
Not at all.

I remembered just how sweet and gentle he was last night,the pleasure I felt when responding to his kisses,the trembling of desire when he touched me so magically. And I loved it when he touched me.
It makes me tingle everywhere.
Maybe I should tell Theo how I really feel about him. And tell him how much I adore him.

Adore?...it's L-U-S-T Eleanor.
My inner voice corrects me.

No! I'm certain about my feelings!
But what if Theo's the one that's lusting after me?

Shaking my thoughts away,I sighed. It was useless to think about a man like Theo who will never develope feelings for me...who will probably just lust after me and never learn to love me.

After taking out the trash for two minutes, I drank two pills,hopefully it will take the headache away then I'd feel much better.

Oh no...
I totally forgot!!
I never put in lunch for Theo this morning. He must've forgotten that too.

Suddenly my phone started ringing. Fishing it out of my pocket,I glanced at the caller ID,then answered.

"Hey Andrea."

"Guess what?"

"Uhm...what?" I answer,curiously.

"No,you have to guess silly." I hear her laughter. There's an instinct conversation in the background as well.

I roll my eyes. "Just tell me."

She groans."Fine." Long silence.
"I got a job."

"A job?" I blinked in astonishment. "Really?"

"Oh yes,I'm a babysitter now."

Babysitter?

Wow,I never knew she'd be cut out for that kind of work.Maybe she loves children that much, or maybe she just took the job because it was available.

"Congratulations Andi."

"Thanks. The woman I work for lives in my street. We're practically neighbours. She's got six naughty,yet affectionate kids." Andrea laughs dryly.

"Six?!" I exclaimed,flabbergasted. "Dear lord,how old is she?"

"Forty seven." She answered. "By the way,six is the amount of children I want. Wouldn't you want lots of children one day?"

"I er...it's..." I swallow. "Well...someday." I finally replied.
Someday when I'm happily in love and ready.

In my stomach, the fluttering began. Just the idea of having Theo's children made me beam. I was suddenly imagining our kids with their nice round, fat cheeks, brown hair and dark eyes like his. One of them might even have big blue eyes like mine. If it were boys, they'd grow up into tall, strong and handsome men like their father. I'd teach them about intimacy, respect, love, how to be responsible for their mistakes. Theo would teach them how to work hard and be a man of integrity. To honor.