Chapter 28

Now in her fourth month of pregnancy,Eleanor's baby started looking like a real tiny human being. With tiny feet and fists that would open and close. He or she was developing all kinds of features.
She smiled at that thought.

Her mother, sister and Ryan had visited her whilst she was at home. They were getting along so well with Theo, especially Linda who got to know him much better. She was loving how easily her mom would laugh when he cracked a joke or two.

Dr Oleff was examining her in the morning once again. Was there any progress? Oh she prayed to God for the baby to be safe. At least she was feeling better, and not so much exhausted.

"Well..." Doctor began.

"What is it?" Theo snapped out the words. "Is the baby still in danger?" He started pacing.

Dr Oleff raised one hand. "No, your baby is safe Mr and Mrs James. She's healthy and not bleeding anymore. Thanks to you young man...you took great care of her."

Theo really did.
He had been working at home for a while, but followed doctor's orders. Making sure his wife eats a balanced diet, giving her prenatal vitamins and see to it that she got bed rest.
He even slept in the guest room which wasn't necessary to her.
Eleanor missed him at night. She felt lonely and sad,
And she wanted him back in their bed.

"Are you sure she's well doctor? And the bleeding?" He stepped closer.

"Listen, I understand that you took the bleeding very seriously Mr James. Even me...But it stopped." He smiled. "You see, most women who experience bleeding still go on to deliver healthy babies. She'll be fine."
He reassured.

Oh thank goodness.

Careful Eleanor...you still have to prepare for yourself for the worst,because anything can happen, right?

"So, me and my husband, we can...uhm..."

To shy and embarresed to say the words, she flushed and glanced at Theo who arched his eyebrows.

The doctor got what she was trying to say, and smiled again. "Yes, you may continue your spousal relationship. I will see you on your next appointment Eleanor. Take care."

"Thank you very much." She smiled, her skin feeling hot all of a sudden. Also very much excited since she couldn't wait for things to go back to normal. To hell with how big her belly was getting,she wanted her husband to bed her. The man hadn't touched her since the day she fainted.
Sad.

Theo returned from showing Dr Oleff off, with a glass of scotch in his hand. Approaching the bed, he lowered himself onto it, draining the last bit of scotch.

"It's my fault." She rushed in. "I should've told you about the bleeding right from the start. Along with everything else."

"Damn right you should've!" His expression was bleak as those broad shoulders shot up.

A trembling started deep within her.

"I don't want you keeping stuff like that away from me, do you understand. You could've lost the baby. Silly little fool." He said in that mocking tone.

She turned her face away from him, trying to hide the hurt and tears that stung her eyes. When she moved to get out of the bed, he grasped her wrist.

"Eleanor..." Theo said at last." I'm sorry. " He swallowed, moving a little closer. "I didn't mean that."

She turned her face back to him. And his face softened immediately. His eyes filled with love which made her melt.

"I was just so angry at you that day, about everything." His lip curled sardonically. "So angry that I wanted to pull you over my knee, pull down your panties and spank your butt cheeks until it's all red."