Chapter 21

It was Monday morning and Theo started his day with a hot cup of coffee at the workplace. After that, he got together with his team, discussed high-priority tasks, making major corporate decisions and assigning primary responsibilities.
He had alot to do, and it wasn't just for today.

It was pushing 9am and he was sitting in his office, thinking how his day varied. Later he'd make time for meetings with clients, executing what needs to take place so there's progress on projects.

Theo sighed, not wanting to focus on work right now. He couldn't help but think of his girl.
Those blue eyes like the summer sky, that adorable laugh of hers which was utterly contagious. The way she talked about the things she was passionate about. His lips rose at the corners of his mouth. He liked the way her eyes lighted up,how she blushed so easily. How shy she'd get for something he says or does.
It was attractive. But then yet again,most men are into the shy girls. They seem to be more feminine that way.

Suddenly something in his chest constricted.
He wasn't in love with her was he?

Okay, his heart went into overdrive everytime he saw Eleanor but it didn't mean he was in love with her!
The only reason why that happens was because she was a very desirable woman.
He shook his head. No.
Why on God's earth was he thinking such a thing at a time like this?

Theo was pulled out of his thoughts by a newspaper being slammed onto his desk. Looking up, Olivia stood before him with an angry face.

"You have got to be kidding me James." Olivia said with squinted eyes. "Read this."

Theo looked closely at the newspaper and the headlines on the front cover read:
SUCCESSFUL CEO AND HIS WIFE  EXPECTING FIRST CHILD

How in the fuck?! Dammit.
He was so not ready to go public yet and neither was Eleanor.
How did the news spread so quickly?
Why couldn't people just mind their own business?
Oh well...

"I can't believe you impregnated her. When were you planning on telling me this?" Oliva inquired with folded arms.

A familiar sense of frustration nearly made his blood boil.
"Who the hell do you think you are to just march in here and demand answers? I don't have to answer to you. So get out of my office before I call security." Theo warned.

Her eyes widened. "No, wait. I came here because I'd like to have my job back as your PA."

He growled. "I told you to stay away from me. I never want to see you again."

"Good gracious! You need me, Theo." She stomped her foot and scowled. "I just want a second chance, my behavior was inappropriate. It was wrong of me to seduce you...very unprofessional."
Olivia confessed, with a sincerity look on her face. "I'm sorry about everything James. I swear it won't happen again if you take me back as your PA."

"You think I'm going to believe that bullshit?" He asked aggressively. "Nice try Olivia but I'm not taking you back. If you really wanted to succeed in a career as a PA, you should've made sure you know what is and isn't acceptable for you to do at work. Professionalism is key."

"You're right. I've been getting really comfortable and I'm sorry. We worked very closely together, I just thought..."

"Stop right there." He held his hand up. "If I gave you the wrong impression, I do apologize. I'm not interested in you Oliva,only my wife."

She sighed. "Yes, okay. I understand and respect that. But I really need my job back. How are you managing without me?"

He clenched his jaw. "Quite fine. I don't trust you. Not anymore." He thundered.