Chapter 2

The following day I found myself packing early morning, trying to ignore the knot in my stomach. Of course I'm going to be worried and unsure about this predicament. I really hope the man I marry will not turn out to be like dad, A man who would have the tendency to resort violent behavior throughout an arranged marriage?

"I'm sorry this has to happen to you." Andrea walked into the room, snapping me out of my thoughts. "I'm sure you can make this work,no matter the situation."

I glanced up at her, shaking my head. "I hate them Andi. I feel like this was all just for money and you're aware of that." I simply told her.

She sighed."Elly..."

"If I didn't agree to this, dad would probably have beaten me up until I said yes." I explained, tears shining in my eyes.

Her eyes widened."No, don't say that." She placed a hand on my shoulder. "Mom told me this guy is very handsome. She's seen him in person."

Handsome or not,I'm still getting married to a stranger. To someone I won't ever love.

"Eleanor!!" I heard a voice from downstairs meaning that it was time to for me leave.

Sighing heavily, I reached for my two suitcases. "It's time for me to go. Goodbye Andi,stay safe and out of trouble. I don't know when I'll see you again. I love you... you know that. Oh I don't want to leave you here alone with them."
I placed my arms around her for a hug. She returned the embrace.

"I love you too Elly and don't worry about me. I'll be obedient and keep out of trouble. God's got me. And he's got you too." Andrea blinked back a few more tears. "You take good care of yourself."

It wasn't a question."Yes,of course." Then I waved to her in greeting, and took my suitcases downstairs.

After saying goodbye to my parents, Sandra and I left.
This has never crossed my mind before but  it would be very nice to stay in a different house,away from my parents. Especially him... Maybe things would not be so bad. I know that I'll have my freedom at least.

Once we arrived at a huge luxurious house,I gaped in astonishment.
Oh my.
I'm actually going to stay here? In this extensive, superb house I always use to dream of living in?
I thought to myself as I finally stepped out of the Audi.

How rich is this man?

"What do you think of your new place huh?" Sandra asked with excitement. "It's just as lavish on the inside."
A smile tugged at her lips.

"I love it already." I said with sincerity once we stepped inside.

The living room was charming,filled with lovely decorations. I notice the high arched windows with dark coloured drapes framing it. The kitchen had gray walls,double-glazed windows,allowing daylight to enter. There is a view of the front yard. Sandra took her time to show me the bedrooms upstairs and the modern tiled bathrooms.

"Sweetheart! Can you please come downstairs? I know you have to go to work soon!" Sandra exclaimed,as I continued to in my surroundings.

She sat down on the couch,placing her leather bag on her lap. Suddenly I feel very nervous since I'm about to meet her son any minute now. I don't even look presentable in this unflattering old dress and boots. My hair is messy,but tied in a childish ponytail.
Not even some lipstick...

Will he like me? What if he hates me?

Just calm down.

I breath deeply. Deep down I want to hide away.

"What do you want mother?" A deep raspy voice entered my ears and I heard the sound of shoes tapping on the floor.

This,made me turn around,and my breath caught in my throat. I felt my stomach flippling nervously, palms dampening. He was the most handsome looking man I've seen in my entire life.
Andrea and mother was right. He's drop-dead gorgeous.
My mouth parted as I took in his features. Straight nose, soft short brown hair, full perfect plumb lips, a strong jawline with a stubble and those intense dark whiskey coloured eyes. Oh god.
Those eyes...It was like they could see right through me. I nearly shivered.