Chapter 20

"Why don't you tell me that you love me?"

"Come again?"

She moved out of his arms. "You never said it...not once. And it hurts when you don't say it back. Is it only going to be sex with you?" She chided. "So our love making means absolutely nothing to you?"

A lump formed in her throat.

"Those moments were fun." He uttered. "I make your body feel good and you do the same to me."

Thats all?

His words shocked her. Well clearly, she should've been warned to not fall in love with him.

"You have no idea of what love is, don't you?" She retorted fiercely, wiping the tears from her eyes. "You're playing with my heart...Just using my body." Her chest was heaving.
"And I'm pretty sure once you get sick of me, then you'll throw me away, like trash."

"Don't be ridiculous Eleanor." He rasped.

"Ridiculous?" She blinked her eyes to get rid of the blur. "You give me the impression that all you want from me is sex. You don't see me as your life partner."

She plopped down and curled up on the couch, not wanting to move under his tense gaze. She didn't just want his body, or a child from him. She wanted his heart. All of him.

"Enough." He growled. "You know exactly that I'm not the kind of man who does hearts and flowers and write sweet little love notes or poems that will leave you with tears of joy."

She stared with her mouth wide open. "I didn't know that. I thought you were a romantic."

Dark brows drew together over flashing brown eyes. "Surely you can't be that bloody naive."

"You broke my heart." She shook her head. "I don't want to pretend as if everything is okay when it's really not."

For a second she wondered if he was afraid to love.
And why?
Was love just some silly game to him?
Most people thought it was complicated.

Theo kept his eyes on the ground.

"You don't want this baby either." Her voice had him looking up.

"Who said I didn't want the baby?"

She wiped her eyes, sitting up straight. "Maybe we should divorce. This was all a stupid mistake, because married people love eachother. They have real passion."

"Divorce?!" His eyes widened. "Don't be foolish, we are not getting a divorce." He blanched, shaking his head. "That means I'll lose my position as Ceo."

"Exactly my point. That's all you care about. So you can just find yourself another wife. Why didn't you go and marry Olivia? Since she's so breathtakingly beautiful with her gorgeous body and she must be way better in bed than me. Isn't that right?"

He clenched his fist, closing his eyes and forcing the haze of fury under control. "Eleanor, that is enough. There is no way that I am letting you go." He sighed. "You're carrying my child for heaven's sake."

"It doesn't matter." She rose. "I don't want to talk to you anymore. Just leave me alone."

Without a word, she marched from the room.

~~~

The cold gray daylight filled the room when Eleanor woke up. Light burned over her eyes and she didn't want to move at all because she was warm in her own bed. Her mind drifted to last night's little argument and her heart hammered in her ears.
He doesn't love her at all.
And here she was, wanting something different with him.
Wanting something much more...