Arrived

I look around the bar, it's a bright and fun environment. Suitable for youngster to hangout.
"Here your drink, don't worry, it's on house" Phil put a glass of beer, in front of me.
"Thanks" I take a sip, just what I needed.
"So, when you got out?" I ask him.
"I just came out today" Phil answered, then lift the glass to his lips. I sigh.
"Sorry, I was supposed to prove your innocence but I didn't"
"Hey no problem, I understand. You have too much things in your plate, I'm the one who should apologize" Phil says with smile. Then, both of us silent.
Phil clears his throat, "So, why are you here? Jessy told me that the others unable to contact you and she worried about you" Phil ask me, I look up at him.
I don't know how to answer that question, I'm come here without make a proper plan. Lucky for me, Phil already out of prison, or else, I don't know what to do. And why I came to Phil even though I don't know him well, that's beyond things that I don't understand.
"MC, are you ok?" Phil words break my thought.
I hum under my breath, "Yes sorry, I lost in thought. What else she told you?"
"She told me about what happened to Richy and little visit at Michael Hanson's house" Phil answered.
"I received a threatened call. He want to kill the others" I croak. Phil mutters something under his breath.
"What happened to Jessy & Richy, it's already worst experience to me. I... I just don't want that happened again to other"
"I understand"
We fall into silence again.
"So, tell me, how's your journeys?" Phil ask with smile.
I giggles,"Tiredsome! 8 hours in flight & 1 hours in car, my back is screaming in pain"
"Haha, where will you stay then? Motel?" Phil ask
I turned to him and clears my throat, "Well......actually, I need your help about that"
"Okay, What can I help you?"
"Can you help to search any house or room for one month rental?"
"You don't want other know that you're here? Am I right?"
I nods my head
"Because of the threatened call?"
"Yes, I don't want them in danger and I don't want to risks my life until I know who are the culprit" I answered. Phil nod his head and light up a cigarette.
"But it's a last minute request. I don't think I can found it tonight" Phil answered. I sighs and Phil taps his finger on the counter.
"How about like this, in my apartment, I've a guest room. I can rent that room to you, how's that sound?"
"How about your girlfriend when she came and saw me in your house?" I cringe.
"Girlfriend? I don't have any. I'm still single & available" he replied with wink. I roll my eyes at him.
"How about Jessy? She's probably will came to your house"
"Nope, she's never come to my house unless I ask her to"
I hum under my breath, thinking if this is a good idea.
"Well, if that so. I'm in" I replied.
"Great. Wait, let me clean up first"
I mumbled him okay.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Phil's apartment (guest room)
"Finally" I lay myself on bed, sigh relieved. When I entered  his apartment, my jaw dropped with the interior of his apartment. Well, it's rarely to find a man's house that clean & tidy, I have my reasons for that, no offense. Actually, I'm a little bit scared to accept his suggestion but, what choice do I have? I have no one here except the others, which I don't want them to know that I'm here. Now, I need to make a plan, I need to figure it out about the connection between me and Hannah. I cannot found anything in my mother's house that related with Duskwood. Ask around here? Bad idea, it can create unnecessary attention and I love to avoid that no matter the cost. Hack? Hahaha, that's Jake task. Jake ... how's he doing right now, I broke the promises about coming here. But I have to, I don't think Hannah's cloud storage is contained anything useful. Her social media?
"Wait, social media? of course. I know what to do tomorrow" I says with myself.. Now, I can sleep peaceful.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jake POV
Dan's words keep pop out in my mind
'she's done with you'
I don't think that's true but what if it is? I keep thinking the reasons behind MC's actions, did I do something wrong?  I reached my cellphone & scrolls my conversation with her to found if therecis any mistakes from my side, her last message only ❤ & I've just replied ':)'. Is it wrong reply? Actually I'm happy with that but... I've to admit that it's hard for me to understand feeling through text. I cannot do any tasks right now, what's on my mind now is MC. I keep looking at my cellphone, everytime it's rang, I hope it's her but it's not. Is this how she's feel when I have to go for hiding? It's hurt so much, it's same pain when I heard about my mother 's death but it's thousand more.
"I'm sorry, MC. Please, just come back" I put my head on my keyboard.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I hit call, he pick up with grunt.
"Hello Max, are you awake?" I called my only friend using other cellphone that I bought yesterday.
"MC? What the hell, it's seven in the morning"
"I need your help, it's urgent"
"What? You will come back?" I scoff at him.
"No, idiot, I've told you that I quit. I promised my mother"
I hear Max sighs.
"So, what the urgent things that you dare to disturb my sleeping beauty?"
I roll my eyes, "Oh, you're not beauty afterall. I've sent you email, I need you to fix the attached prescription"
"I will do it later"
"I want now, I want it within one hour" I says.
"What?! How's my beauty sleep?"
"You can sleep after done that, remember, I want it within one hour"
"Jeez, fine, you're still pain in the ass after quit"
"One hour!"
Max hang up. Max is like my annoying brother and my partner in crime. He's a hacker too, a playful one but probably not too good like Jake. Then, I smells something delicious. I grabbed my T-shirt & long sweatpants. The smell came from the kitchen. My eyes widen, suprised when I saw Phil cooking with apron.
"Wow, what a nice sight" I says. Phil turned his head towards me.
"Oh hi, good morning" he says with smile & turned his head back to the stove.
"Good morning, what you making?" I ask.
"Well, I cooked pancakes, scramble eggs and bacon. If you want bread, I have and there is a toaster, if you like. Butter and strawberry jam in the refrigerator" Phil answered. I can't help but burst out laughing. Phil turned off the stove, turned to me and pull out the apron.
"I'm sorry. Actually, this is my first time that I saw a man who has a clean and tidy house, also can cook. You're better than me" I says. Phil cackles, pick up some plates and take a seat on dining chair. I go to the refrigerator, take out strawberry jam, and walk to the dining table.
I take a seat across him, "Well I have a friend named Max, everytime I came to his house, there are always pizza boxes, chinese foods and soda tins everywhere. I always nagged at him about it & he hated it." I says.
"Your boyfriend?" He raise an eyebrow at me. I almost choke my coffee hear that.
"Max? No, I always treat him like my little brother" I answered.
"Haa I'm glad hear that. Well, when my mother is busy with her problem, I need to take care of my sisters" he say with smile. I just nods. Both of us silent and busy munching our breakfast.
"So, what will you do today?" Phil ask, break the silence
"Well, I called my friend to find the address and I will go there" I wipe crumbles from my mouth.
"By what? Phil ask.
"Taxi?" I answered
"I bought groceries this morning, I heard that Duskwood police are on full throttle to find the suspect, they're blocking the entrance. So, it's probably hard to get taxi here"
"What? Damn! How I should go then?"
"I can accompany you"
"Huh? What about your bar?"
"I want to take a rest, you can't imagine how prison life tiring me. Probably, I will open it maybe tomorrow or the day after tomorrow?"
"Well, then it's settled. Thank you Phil" I'm happily continue eat my food.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I looking myself in the mirror & thinking if this a good idea. I have experience cut and dyed my hair before, the styles I'm about to do is a simple one.
"I'm gonna miss you so much but I need to do it" I glance down a scissor that I'm holding.
"So, this is it. Goodbye my long hair"