04 | Worth living

As usual, curses never gave anyone a chance to process it's presence before striking; it was either attack or be attacked. And unfortunately for Y/N, the moment they wanted to show off to this special grade sorcerer, they were caught off guard.

They drop the drumsticks they held.

'Oh what the..?'

Y/N instead forms a gun sign with their dominant hand while they flew in mid air due to the curses attack. They hesitate to use their technique when they feel another presence.

It's coming from inside the curse.

"Shit!"

Maki curses, eyes going wide. They were all going to be swallowed by this curse. Y/N was the first one to drop, and soon Maki and Okkotsu followed.

Much to Maki's luck, she had accidentally dropped her weapon and also received a wound on her right thigh.

They hear the large curse.

"Tha.. Tha.. Thaaaanks for the meeeal."

"Damn! I dropped my weapon!"

Y/N scoffs as Maki helps them get back to their feet. They tried to search for any spare sticks in their uniform but to no avail.

"Spit us out, damn it!"

This is bad. The only reason they were able to control and use their technique is because of the drumstick. If they chose to use it freely, then guess who'd get shocked.

Okkotsu sits up, "Where are we?" he ask, to which Maki answers.

"We're in that curses stomach. Atleast don't pass out while we're in here, alright?" she says, pissed.

Being the newcomer that he is, and also someone who hasn't encountered a curse except for his own, Okkotsu panics.

"So that means.. We were eaten?!"