07 | A god

"Here

"Here."

You say, taiko floating at waist level. Okkotsu lets his eyes wander; the three of you are in a completely different part of the market. The boy gulps, noticing how cold it had gotten.

"Are we in the right place, Hokori-san?" Okkotsu ask. Inumaki only places a hand on the boy's shoulder, shaking his head when Okkotsu turns to him. It seems like the boy is warning him about something.

"I'm sure." you reply, "Mind if you two step back? You'll get caught in the crossfire."

Like what you said, the both of them took a few steps away from you. Okkotsu is still confused, but Inumaki's already used to the way you exorcise.

'Should i do it?' you ask yourself, eyes already catching sight of cursed energy. It was hiding in one of the alleyways in front of you.

'I can see you through that, y'know..' you furrow your brows, getting ready to play a few beats on your taiko.

The spirits were getting closer. You waited, wanting your classmates to see the effects of your technique since you have to admit that you are a show off.

Finally, the two curses you were supposed to exorcise immediately has shown themselves. Okkotsu feels a chill run down his spine and Inumaki only stood there, used to seeing grotesque curses.

'Having a technique similar to a god's boring.'

You smirk, hitting your drum twice.

Okkotsu's eyes widen as a bright light flashes in front of him. The moment you hit your taiko, he swore he felt electricity shock him. He looks over to Inumaki who already has an arm covering his eyes due to the light.

'And having too much power at birth isn't a talent until you know how to utilize it.'

People have often told you that bearing the technique Raijin is both a curse and a blessing. That seems to be the only thing your family had gotten right.

Though growing up, this seems to be more of a curse than it is a blessing. People have brushed away all your hard work and achievements, always saying that it's because of Raijin that you've become a wonderful sorcerer. That it's because of the power you hold that you're a semi-first grade sorcerer.

This is what pushed you to leave your clan and study at Tokyo instead. Almost everyone, with the exception of a few decent family members, had been underestimating what you can do just because you inherited Raijin.

You tried to convince them that this isn't a talent given at birth, and that you had to put in a lot of effort to even control this technique.

'But of of course, those fools with tiny fucking brains can't understand simple Japanese.'

This technique may have already ruined your life, but who are you to complain about it? You're given the power, so you might as well put it to good use. Suck it up and stop being bitter.