16 | A warning

"Shit

"Shit. Maki, wait for me, i gotta get my drumsticks!"

"No! You stay here with Okkotsu!"

When you were about to bolt to the direction of the dormitory, you feel a hand grab your arm, refusing to let you go.

Though the girl has a point and that's basically part of the reason why you're not at Shinjuku, you couldn't just let whoever it was that placed a curtain above the school get away and hide. And maybe, just maybe..

'.. It's Suguru Geto.' you gulp, a bit nervous about what's going to happen next. You're sure that the other person inside the college is him; the curse manipulator himself. You could feel his presence somewhere.

You don't want Maki to know that Geto's cursed energy increased as if the man has prepared for this moment. What was he even going to gain from this?

Does he think it's good to pick on children? Beat them up because he has no other good thing to do?

You look at Maki, eyes meeting. You then forcefully pull your arm away before Making a run for it. You hear her calling for you while you begin to run away.

'Neither of you are dying today. Not when i'm here.'

You feel adrenaline coursing through your veins while you run through the halls. No more making stops at the dorms to grab a weapon-that's a waste of time.

"Suguru Geto!"

You shout once you were out of the building, a taiko now floating by your side. You needed to know where this criminal is before attacking.

You then looked around, eventually spotting the man walking towards you with a sinister smile on his lips. You grit your teeth, refraining from hitting your drum just yet.

Geto might have some tricks up his sleeve. After all, you assume that he out of all people, won't come unprepared.

"Ah! Hokori!" he spoke, tone cheerful. Geto already has a few lower grade curses approaching you.

You tap on your taiko, watching Geto's curses drop like flies to the ground and dissolve. He doesn't seem to be bothered when most of his curses are killed off.

'I need to be careful. I can't keep playing forever.' you thought.

As much as you wanted to appear strong and brave, your leg currently isn't doing well. You're glad you chose to wear pajamas instead of anything short since it would've been a dead giveaway that you're currently handicapped. It's going to be hard to move around and you may look stiff, but it's better than a leg that's not functional.

"This is a warning, Geto " you mutter.

The main raises a brow. He scoffs at the attitude you're showing. Now this isn't very welcoming..

"Respect your elders. Does Satoru not teach it anymore?" the man ask, already summoning two new curses. From the cursed energy you're sensing, both are on par with a second grade. Not strong enough to be able to survive your lightning, but it isn't weak either.