08 | Heart eyes

"Toge?"

"Toge?"

You rub your eyes, brows furrowed. You were taking a nap when someone had knocked on your door. The mission with okkotsu had ended a few hours ago, and the moment the three of you arrived at the dorms, you fell face first to your bed.

"Tuna." the boy says, jabbing a finger to the empty hall. Was it already time for dinner?

Still half asleep, you shake your head.

"Skipping.. Don't feel like it." you say, "Goodnight, Toge-"

The boy suddenly takes your arm, a pout on his face. How can you ignore your health like that? Inumaki knew you weren't much of a foodie, but you do enjoy homemade meals.

He's eager to get you to eat since he had helped with preparing dinner.

"Oh, okay. okay." you curse yourself for being so submissive. You don't dare to remove your arm despite having the strength to.

You're weak againts him even if you only have a silly crush.

"Ohoho?" you raise a brow, sniffing the air, "Did you cook again, Toge?"

"Mhm!" the boy hums, making you smile.

"You should've told me earlier. I'm down to eat anything you make." you say effortlessly, not noticing how heat rises to the boys cheek. Was that a compliment? Inumaki knew how you almost had no filter for your mouth but it still caught him off guard.

The two of you then walked to the dining area where you're surprised to see your classmates. It's rare to see everyone together.

"Maki." you call, "Is that gyoza?"

Your fellow first year, with a plate of her own, nods. She's obviously pleased with how the food on the table turned out. Nothing looks burnt, raw, or unpleasant.

You take a seat beside Okkotsu, not batting the boy an eye. He gulps nervously.

"Nice to see you, uhm, Hokori.."

He greets. You hum as a response. You were in a good mood so you might as well show a bit of respect.

"I saw you earlier." you cringe at your reply, yet you kept a straight face, "Maki, can i have a bowl? Thanks."

The girl frowns.

"Grab it yourself!"

"Wha? So impolite.."

Okkotsu sweatdrops, still not getting used to yours and Maki's bantering. Though the two of you are a great duo sometimes, fights were unavoidable.

Inumaki and panda, on the other hand, continues to feast on the delicious meal.