Chapter 1

"Hey Lucy, wait up!" Y/N called after Lucy, their best friend, who lived in the Kingdom of Far Far Away, "I'm new to this kingdom, I don't know where i'm going!"

Lucy eagerly ran to the market, "Lord Farquaad is going to be here, if you don't hurry, we will miss him!"

Y/N stopped in their tracks abruptly, "who's Lord Farquaad?"

"Only the dreamiest man in the kingdom, now hurry Y/N!" Lucy grabbed Y/N's hand, and dragged them to the market. The market was filled with food, drinks and festivities, though it looked quite peculiar for a man of Farquaad's status to visit.
Lucy dragged Y/N around for hours, trying to locate where Lord Farquaad could possibly be, however, she had no luck.

"We will try again tomorrow Lucy, don't look disappointed. Now, you go home, i'll just have another quick look around, after all, Ma wants me to bring something home for her." Y/N waved goodbye to Lucy, and continued to trudge around the endless circle of shops. Y/N was daydreaming, when suddenly, they tripped and fell into something... or someone...? They apologised and moved quickly on, until they realised that they were surrounded by royal guards, "what the...?" Exclaimed Y/N, with a gasp.

"How dare you bump into Lord Farquaad and not face the consequences." Said a royal guard, proudly.

"Yes... how very dare they." Came a voice, Y/N glanced at where the voice came from, and saw a dreamy man all dressed in red. He had short black hair and vivid blue eyes, eyes that looked like endless pools of glittering stars. The man also had stubble visible on his chin, which only made him more dreamy to look at.

Before Y/N knew it, they were staring at the man. They quickly connected the events, and replayed them in their head, before they bowed, "I'm sorry Lord Farquaad, for I am new to the kingdom... i didn't know what I was doing." They blushed, after all, Y/N couldn't take their eyes off of him.

"I'd be blushing too if I saw me for the first time. I am pretty dreamy. Though... you're not too bad yourself." He strolled over to Y/N, and pulled their chin down, so Y/N stared directly into his eyes, "you'll be coming with me. I'm sorry, what's your name? I'm guessing you already know mine." He laughed, he sounded very posh when doing so.

"My name is Y/N..." They mumbled.

"Well, just follow me, Y/N. I have to talk to you in a more... private setting."

Y/N followed Lord Farquaad out of the market, not knowing that this meeting may change their life forever, whether good or bad.