Chapter 3~ A new chapter

Y/N had fallen into a peaceful sleep in the guest room of the castle, but was woken up by the sound of birds song outside. They glanced at the clock, it was 5AM, not their typical wake up time.
They got up and walked sleepily downstairs, and they strolled into the royal kitchen. However, they bumped into Lord Farquaad, as they did in the market, "oh, Lord Farquaad, I'm so sorry."

"You should feel sorry for me, my butlers didn't bring me my breakfast in bed as usual, so I had to sadly drag myself downstairs... and... do something." He grinned sarcastically at Y/N.

"Do... you even know how to make breakfast?" Y/N asked hesitantly, "without any disrespect, sire."

Lord Farquaad grimaced at Y/N, "of course I do! I'm not an imbecile!" He then looked away, and proceeded to throw food in a bowl, all mixed together, "see?" It didn't look very appetising, nor appealing, but Y/N just nodded and smiled at Farquaad.

"Oh, lowly peasant, I forgot to tell you... the royal ball is tonight, so you better go prepare. Tonight is a big night; tonight is the night I marry Fiona, my true love!"

'His... true love...?' Y/N felt a feeling of anger and upset wash over them. They were distraught. They'd had a crush on Farquaad and he was engaged?! How pathetic of them. How pathetic. How truly pathetic.

Hours later, and Y/N was sobbing in the guest room. They felt tears trickle down their cheeks, like never ending waterfalls, however, they had changed, into a brilliant blue ballgown, that matched their eyes perfectly. Whether Y/N was distraught or not, they decided that they couldn't ruin Farquaad's special night, and they couldn't arrive to the ball looking atrocious.

Y/N picked up the bottom of their gown, and locked their eyes on the seams, "I could redo these seams and add an extension to this dress... I could add my own touch..." And they did just that, and by the end of their redesigning, cloth and string were strewn all over the guest room, but that didn't matter right now, they had to get to the wedding.

So, Y/N put on their heels, and decided they were going to face this issue head on as they walked down flights of stairs.

Y/N finally arrived at the ballroom and opened the door quietly, as to not disturb any dancers or music that was happening inside. As Y/N entered, they looked around, and they felt a surprised rush. The ballroom was beautiful, it had a chandelier hanging gracefully from the ceiling, and it had magical stained glass windows positioned all around the hall. The hall was all finished off with its centrepiece, Lord Farquaad himself, he was wearing a regal white outfit and a purple cape, finished with his crown. Y/N assumed he was wearing this for the wedding, though again, they couldn't stop blushing at the sight of him.

"Esteemed guests, I have an announcement." Lord Farquaad gained everyone's attention within a second, it seemed Y/N wasn't the only person who was in his trance, "I, and my wife-to-be, Princess Fiona, will be having our wedding ceremony in the chapel, so please, make your way across to there and there will be a wonderful ball afterward!" The guests slowly filtered out of the room, and into the chapel near the castle.

Y/N took their seat in the front row of the chapel, as, at that current time, they were someone living in the castle with Farquaad, and therefore they were an important guest.

The wedding ceremony was going fine, until an ogre interrupted it half way through.

"I object!" He exclaimed to the guests and to Farquaad, and ran to Fiona. Y/N quickly determined what was going on.

"The ogre must be in love with Fiona... and Fiona must return the feelings, which leaves Lord Farquaad all to me..." Y/N said to themself, a smile now on their face. That's when the wedding descended into chaos, and they passed out...

Y/N awoke to Lord Farquaad stroking their cheek, "what the...?" They sat up, they were in the master bed.

"You're finally awake. You fainted during the ceremony." He sighed, "the mirror stated you were the prettiest person in Far, Far Away, I can't believe you didn't tell me before. You're not just a lowly peasant..."

Y/N let out a small gasp, and blushed... they just nodded, completely in shock.

"Such a pity really, I thought I was the most pretty." Y/N giggled, this was a new chapter of their life, "though, my goal was to marry a princess to become a King, but... I guess this will have to do."