𝗜 𝗚 𝗡 𝗜 𝗧 𝗜 𝗢 𝗡

||Omniscient||

Durk sat in the green plastic chair that was most often seen at kick backs. The smell of charcoal and weed mixed in the air as he continued taking puffs of his pre rolled blunt. Music, small chatter, and screaming kids took over the background of the scene. In some ways this was his idea of peace, just chilling with the fam.

"Durk you think I should get a new set?" India asked as she walked over to the dread headed black boy. Durk blew the addicting air out of his mouth before shrugging his shoulders.

"Man I swear you no help." India huffed before taking a seat in the empty chair next to him.

"Pass it to me." And that's all she had to say for Durk to pass her the blunt.

The two had been best friends for the longest. Hitting it off at the club one night and smoking over random shit. Their relationship had never gotten anywhere sexual though it did cross Durk's mind at some point. Then again he wasn't willing to give up a good friendship over some pussy.

"Ya'll still making that lick later?" India asked, putting her feet up on the small cooler.

"Don't let Ma catch you with em' dusty ol' dogs, but yeah we still going."

"Man mind ya own, she ain't here." Durk chuckled at his friend knowing either way Mama Nique going to find out.

It was getting late and the kick back was starting to settle down. If the gang didn't start heading out now they might run into complications. Durk was already loading up the truck with everything they needed. Loading up his gun and clipping on the safety he got into the truck where he was met by Dom and Lontrell. "Danm nigga how much you hit today?" Dominique asked, chuckling while rolling up his own blunt.

"Like seven or eight- nigga ion know." Durk replied already starting up the engine and heading down the block. The two boys had been friends since diaper days and had met Lontrell when they were in middle school. He went by Shiesty though, don't ask him why.

"Nah cause you knew we was makin' this lick and you still decided to get high, so that's on you." Shiesty added on.

"Man can we just get this shit ova' wit. You know Ma don't play that." Durk said before silence took over the car.

Durk never knew his real mother but Mama Nique (aka Dom's mom) had basically raised the whole block, taking in Durk when his dad was incarcerated.

●●●●●

Dom and Shiesty helped Durk into the house holding both his arms on each of their shoulders. They laid him on the couch before going into separate directions to grab supplies. The 28 year old had had his own apartment and was living by himself but it was still in the projects so he could be close to everyone. If anything the boy spent so much time at Dom's house he sometimes himself forgot he had another home but, at the end of the day that was where family was.

Lontrell came back into the living room with a wet rag, peroxide and a bag of cotton balls. He set everything down on the side table before telling Durk to lift up just shirt.

Right above his belly button, that's where the bullet had pierced. Dom finally came back with a small curvy needle, bandages, and a thin line of string.

"A'ight bruh lay down." He ordered putting a lighter to the needle.

"Ya'll niggas better not kill me-"

"Nigga quiet down, that's why you always gettin' shot up like sum danm target." Shiesty snapped back. Durk only kissed his teeth before wincing at the burning sensation on his stomach. Shiesty had wiped off as much blood as he could and was currently preparing the wound for stitches.

After grunts of pain and many stitches later Durk was swallowing a pain killer and the boys were getting ready to dip.

"A'ight man, we out." Dom and Shiesty both dapped Durk up before heading out for the night.

It was 3am and Durk still laid up and awake in his bed letting his thoughts consume him. He really needed to get out of trappin but what else would he do? He could start rapping if he wanted, that was always the initial plan anyways but money got tight and he couldn't depend on a chance he if could make it or not. He needed money then and there and rapping couldn't do that at the moment. Now though...he could maybe start getting back into it.

His phone rang making the dark room illuminate with the tiniest bit of light. "Hello?" Durk answered with his deep sleepy voice even though he wasn't asleep.

"Bitch you thought I wouldn't find out!" India yelled through the phone making the male jump a little at the sudden loudness.

"Dia lower your tone, it's too late for this shit." He mumbled. It was silent for a minute before he heard crying from the other side.

"You know I love you B. Don't die before we get our own, matter fact don't die at all, you know this block need you." She sniffed after every sentence.

Durk let out a sigh getting all too use to these crying sessions. Which as you can see was way happening more often as he became more reckless.

"You ain't gotta worry bout me India we in this living shit together and, what I say bout cryin'."

"Yeah yeah I know, thugs don't cry."

"Right, so you betta suck up dem tears and tell me when you want me to take you to that nail place tomorrow."

"You sure B, we gon' be in there fo a minute."

"Dats cool, just be ready."

"Ok, love you Blondie."

"I love you too Pakistan." And with that they both hung up the phone.

||Durk Derrick Banks||

I sat up from my bed making up my mind that I just wasn't gonna sleep tonight. I walk to my weed drawer and pull out two pre-rolled blunts. Who knows how long I'll be out there. I tucked them both behind my ear before putting on some basketball shorts. I exit the small room not before grabbing my lighter making my way outside onto the balcony.

I sit in the plastic party chair and just let the cold air rest on my skin. After some time I take one blunt from behind my ear and bring it close to my lighter. I flick the switch before a flame emerges and catches onto the blunt. Once I'm satisfied I take an inhale of the drug and sit in silence letting the addictive air take over my nostrils. Shit hits different every time.

I continue smoking till I run out of fuel and realize I'm too high and lazy to get another roll. So I decide to just sit out and enjoy the view. It really wasn't much too look at but I ain't have anything better to do. After about an hour I see the sun start to peak through the horizon slowly lighting up the sky.

Not gon lie shit was beautiful. I wish I could get a hold of something like that, something beautiful to light up my world. 

I shake my head a chuckle at the thought.

What was I thinking, ain't nothing like that exist, at least not on this side.