𝗘 𝗫 𝗜 𝗧

||Durk Derrick Banks||

I laid on Vons chest finding comfort to his steady heart beat. His arm was right above me while I played with his fingers. We both just sat in silence finding comfort in each other.

"Why ain't you tell nobody you was sick?" He asked breaking the silence. I nuzzled my face into his neck not wanting to answer him. "Durkio."

I let out a groan, "I didn't want nobody to see me like that." I mumbled feeling kind of ashamed. I'm suppose to be they protecter. I'm the oldest out of all of us excluding Von, and this my neighborhood to keep safe. If even one person who don't fuck with me see me like this they gon take that as an opportunity to blow shit up.

"I ain't nobody." Von said raising his voice a little.

You act like it though.

"Ok." I decided to say instead.

Von sat up making me sit up as well. I watched him put on his slides and hoodie. I couldn't help but pout a little, he leaving me...again.

"Whatchu wanna eat?" He asked looking at his phone. My
sadness quickly faded away once the topic of food was brought up.

"Takeout." I said grinning just thinking about that orange chicken.

"Ok imma be back." Von said before kissing me on the cheek then leaving the room.

As soon as he left my phone started to ring. "DURK? What happened why haven't you been answering my calls!?" India yelled worryingly into the phone.

"My bad Dia."

"My bad? Durk I'm about to murk you through this phone, talkin bout my bad. I THOUGHT THEY GOT TO YOU!" She countined. It was silent for a minute before I could hear her take a deep breath.

"Dia, I keep telling you, we in this living shit together, stop worrying about me."

"Yeah Durk you saying that now but what you gon say when they dragging you in a body bag?"

I kissed my teeth, "Stop. If you wanna pull up my door open."

"Whatever Durk." She said before hanging up. I sighed looking down at the time seeing it was 1am.

Man where Von at I'm starving.

Just as I was about to call him the door opened, "Durk come get this!" yelled.

When I walked out from the room I saw him at the counter eating at some lo mein while scrolling through his phone as usual. I took a seat at the counter with him. "Thanks." I said opening up the bag. He gave me an "mhm." and went back to what he was doing. After taking that first bite of food my body started to cheer up a bit.

I don't even know how I ended up sick but I never want it to happen again. I felt so weak and unreliable and, lord knows I hate feeling like that.

I looked over at Von and he was now texting somebody. I wanted to look over his shoulder and see who it was but I ain't wanna be nosey. I huffed and continued eating my orange chicken letting a small frown sit on my face.

After I finished my food I noticed Von had also finished as well so I took both our things to the trash. Yet again he didn't look up once and hadn't said a word. I stared at him a little trying to figure him out but gave up once I realized there was no point. I let out sigh and decided to just go back to my room.

Nothings changed.

||Dayvon Daquan Bennett||

In the corner of my eye I seen Durk walk back into his room. He probably tired. The gang been planning a drive by for tomorrow but we tryna make sure everything is set up. We don't need no innocent people caught up in the crossfire. After talking things out with Polo I sat on the couch and turned on Durks game.

It looked like he was playing Call of Duty so I just continued where he left off and joined a new server. I was probably sitting there for maybe an hour before I decided to go check on Durk. As I entered the room he was laying on his bed facing the window. He had his earpods in and was probably listening to music. I could here the low beat as he mumbled some words.

"I remember feelin' useless. I remember servin' to the cool kids. Twin got a .30, like a pool stick, why you think your murders turn to news clips?" After that the mumbling just became inaudible to me.

I sat on on bed making him glance over at me. I thought he was finna say some but instead he stayed silent and went back to staring at nothing. It caught me off gaurd because I just went and spent my money on this nigga fat ass and now he wanna give me the silent treatment.

Durk turned off the music and turned to face me giving me a mug look. "I ain't never asked you to bring me food, you just brought it up..." He said clenching his teeth while anger laced his words.

Don't tell me I said that shit out loud.

"Durk I ain't even mean-"

"All you do is constantly ignore me Von. I ain't do shit to you but try to be honest and you just stay with your bipolar self." He said raising his voice.

"MAN THE ONLY REASON I EVEN STICK AROUND YOUR GOOFY ASS CUASE IM TRYNA FIGURE MYSELF OUT!" I yelled standing up feeling anger rise in my body.

"Then why you still here!?"

"I'm asking myself the same thing!" I grabbed my shit off the floor and started heading for the door. Durk followed behind me stepping infront of the door before I got a chance to leave.

"What about all that shit bout not leaving?" He questioned, looking me in the eyes.

"I lied." I pushed him out of the way and made my way out.

A/N

Von lowkey get on my nerves.😒