1 ~ Where??

~

~

You felt like you were walking through a tunnel. There was a voice calling out to you, but it sounded distant and far away. There was a light at the end of the tunnel, and as you neared it, the voice sounded clearer. 

"Miss, are you okay?"

You squinted your eyes and saw a painfully bright light shine through your eyelids, piercing your eyesight. "Ack- My eyes-" You spluttered. Almost immediately, you felt something cover your eyes, allowing you to open them fully. Blinking a few times to get your eyes to adjust, you looked around, and saw someone crouched behind you. 

"Gah! What-?"

"Shh. Are you okay?" A gentle and familiar voice asked you from behind. You sat up and took a good look at the person. 

He had white hair with a streak of bright red going through it on his right. His long hair was in a low ponytail. His curious eyes were the same red as his hair. You had to say, he was cute, but there was something familiar about his hair...

A few seconds more of scrutinising and the answer hit you with the force of an elephant.

It couldn't be-

"Are you Kazuha?? From 4nemo??" You blurted, eyes shining with shock and admiration. "Uh..well, yes, I am." He muttered, bowing his head shyly. "WAHH!" You exclaimed. "Ah I'm sorry, I'm just a huge fan!" You lowered your voice to apologise, promptly embarrassed. 

Kazuha had always been one of your favourites from 4nemo -- no, screw that -- in the whole game. You'd practically fallen in love with him the moment you laid eyes on him, and now he was actually, physically here, beside you. 

"No issue, lots of fans get starstruck. Back to my question, are you okay?" He brushed it off, eyes glancing concernedly into your e/c ones. "Where...am I, actually?" You asked, having no recollection of you falling asleep on a...park bench? "Wasn't I just in my room? And how is Kazuha here?" You thought, remembering how you got the card and...

Ah. You got struck in the head by something.

"There aren't many situations with outcomes like this..." You summed up in your head.

Going based off your wide net of knowledge from animes and mangas...

There was only one logical conclusion.

You had somehow been...isekaid into your game??

"Miss...?" Kazuha's voice snapped you out of your thoughts. 

"Call me y/n," You told him. "I may need a place to stay..." Kazuha's face lit up. "Well, if you're okay with it, you could come stay at our shared apartment?" He asked hopefully. "Ah...Uhm, that's only if you're o-okay with it, sorry for suggesting it w-without your opinion.."

"Are. You. Kidding?? I'd love to!!" You yelled, tackling him in a hug. "Woah-" He fell back onto the  floor with an "oof", and slowly patted your back. "Hey, do you want an autograph? You know, since you're a fan and everything..." You nodded happily. "Ah, I don't have anything for you to sign though..." Your head fell sadly. Kazuha's face lit up again for the second time with an "oh" expression, as though he had just gotten an idea. 

"I just so happen to have a polaroid with me. Uhm -- don't ask -- 4nemo advertising stuff, you know.." He flushes. You were more than happy to accept a polaroid with Kazuha though. "Cheese." He smiles, doing a small peace sign beside you. As you waited for the film to develop, you saw the trees were in autumn and maple leaves were falling freely from the trees, littering the ground with an assortment of reds, oranges and yellows. It truly was a breathtaking sight. "Ah!" He touched the top of his head, where a reddish-orange maple leaf had fallen on him. "Hey, what season is it now?" You asked. "Mmh, it's a few days to winter. Autumn is about to end." "Mm." You hummed in response.

"Let's take a photo of you with the leaf. It kinda matches your hair. I like it!" You perked up. He hesitated, then agreed.

As you both awkwardly smiled, the polaroid snapped the picture. It slowly came out of the slot at the top. You waved it around to get the film to develop faster. As the image became clearer, Kazuha grabbed a permanent marker from his pocket and quickly scrawled on his signature on both polaroids. 

"Here. Don't lose them." He jokingly warned. 

"Don't worry, I won't." You pocketed them. "Now, let's go! 4nemo's shared apartment awaits us!"

a/n: heyyyy 

unedited: 2/7/21

word count: 742