Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

"Hello." The stranger's eyes were vibrant grey and his hair was a little scruffy, marks of a comb were visible in a few places but what struck Eliana was his height.

"H-hello. Sorry, I didn't hear you come in." Taking a second to sit down, Eliana also noticed that the boy who had spoken wasn't talking to his friends and instead focusing on her as they laughed in the background.

"Don't worry. I'm Cedric by the way. Cedric Diggory. You are?" His hand flew out and Eliana's small hand extended to meet his and she offered a careful handshake to him.

"Eliana Abaza. It's nice to meet you." Her voice mumbled, barely loud enough to overcome the loud cheers and jokes of the students behind him, Cedric had to really focus on her lips to make out what she had said.

"I'm in my third year, but judging by how frightened you look, I guess you're in your first year. Any clue what house you'll be in?" Eliana shook her head as she heard him speak and her lips quirked with uncertainty.

"Professor McGonagall told Madam Malkin I would probably be a Hufflepuff. What house are you in?" His eyes opened a fraction and a smile scratched along his face as she admitted what McGonagall had said.

"I'm Hufflepuff, we all are. Well, obviously it isn't certain yet but if you do get into Hufflepuff, which I am sure you will, it's going to be a lot of fun. Our dormitory is right by the kitchen and the elves love to feed us." Eliana's eyes had widened at the confession and her smile, which was already large, grew even bigger.

"Elves? What do they look like?" Cedric couldn't quite believe what he heard as he watched the pretty little girl as her brown eyes shone.

"I guess you were raised by Muggles then." Eliana nodded and watched her hands closely, her smile dropping slightly as he spoke. "There's nothing wrong with that. You are just the first person I know that finds elves interesting. But, I will say that they are ugly little creatures, large eyes, ears, saggy skin. House-elves that is. But, unless you go into the kitchen you don't normally see them." As time ran away from them, the carriage slowly got quieter, the arrival and departure of the sweets trolley did little to distract them as the Hufflepuffs loudly cheered and spoke about their summer.

"Hey, Cedric. What's your friend's name?" One of the other boys had spoken and Eliana was so nervous that her mind hadn't comprehended that he could mean her.

"Eliana." As soon as Cedric had spoken, hair swung and her pretty, pale features shone in the light.

"Eliana, do you collect chocolate frog cards?" Eliana went wide-eyed as she looked at him and her mouth opened, only to close again a moment later.

"They're cards that come with chocolate frogs. People like to collect them." Eliana's head began to nod and she managed to quickly catch the card that the unnamed boy had thrown for her to look at. Uric the Oddball had been written on the base but there didn't seem to be anyone in the frame.

"Are they like Pokemon cards?" The boys shrugged and continued to look at their cards.

"We've already got these if you want them. I'm just looking for Tugwood now. Can't find it anywhere." The complaint was easily noticed but glossed over as six other cards were sent her way and she monitored them all whilst giving the Hufflepuffs a hurried thanks. Just as Eliana had read and glanced over the card of Oddball again, something caught her eye. A strange man with a jellyfish on his head had appeared from seemingly nowhere. Then as quickly as he appeared, he disappeared and Eliana flicked the card a few times but he was gone. Sure that it was just a trick of the light, the next card was examined. Not even wizards would be crazy enough to wear a jellyfish. Even if his nickname was Oddball.