Potions with the Bat.

Blue drapes were pulled back with weak pale hands and as her brown eyes searched the room, curtains were still drawn and snoring left the majority of the other students. Turning was heard as bedsheets shifted below themselves but Eliana took the opportunity to pull out her new robes and cover herself. As the toilet was exited, muffled sounds reached from rooms as students began to stir. Eliana, however, was running her tongue against her teeth that felt smooth and her tired eyes barely looked twice when she entered the room and saw the drooping eyelids of Morag MacDougal. The two smiled to greet one another but as soon as Eliana had pulled her school bag over her shoulder and headed down to breakfast. Her bag was packed with as much equipment as she could fit inside it as she hoped to be prepared for the new day. Once inside the Great Hall though, those thoughts vanished as equally tired faces met her. More students were awake than she had expected but as Eliana sat down, no one seemed to notice her. A few of the Hufflepuff boys nudged her as they passed and she smiled at them but Eliana was left to eat her cereal alone. The pumpkin juice that sat beside her was sipped on, but just like the night before, it was repulsive and the cup was ignored.

"Hey, Eliana." Su Li and Padma had joined her, they were a little more awake than half the room as they launched into breakfast.

"You can call me Ellie. Mum and dad do." Neither girl acted as if they had heard her but their mouths were stuffed as they fought to swallow down what they had just chosen to eat. By the time the hall was full and all of the Ravenclaw first-years had joined the table, four staff seemed to descend into the students' midsts and speak to all those in the room. Wands were placed against parchment that was then handed to the students.

As Eliana sat, feeling a little full, a short man with white hair that covered over half of his body emerged and met her eye. "Miss Abaza, first-year. Here you go." The short man tapped his parchment and then stretched it out to her and she took it eagerly, wondering what it was.

"Thank you, Professor," muttered Eliana as she scanned the paper and watched as the others around her took in the same information.

"Potions, with Hufflepuff," Su muttered and had turned to the yellow table and caught sight of some of the Hufflepuffs and smiled as she noticed the younger ones.

"Who teaches Potions?" An older student, perhaps taking pity on them, had overheard their nervous conversation and happily obliged.

"Professor Snape. The greasy one with black hair. Good luck with that. He barely likes his own house. Transfiguration is taught by Professor McGonagall, the one in green, she was sat next to the headmaster. Herbology is taught by Professor Sprout, she is the one giving Hufflepuff their timetables. Defence Against the Dark Arts is taught by Professor Quirrell, the one with the turban on his head. Professor Flitwick, our head of house, teaches Charms. Madam Hooch is the flying instructor but she isn't up at the table. Only first years study that. Oh, History of Magic is taught by Professor Binns, he isn't here. He's a ghost. By the end of an hour with him, you'd wish you were dead too. He is so boring. And Astronomy is taught by Professor Sinistra, the woman at the end of the table." The three girls echoed their thanks as soon as the male prefect had finished speaking. They did not know or rather remember his name but he wasn't too bothered by them as he turned back to his group of friends.

"Great, our first lesson is with Professor Snape." Anxiety rushed through Su's voice as she checked over their full timetable and figured out how frequently they would have to endure the classes on their schedule. Before the girls could complain though, the bell chimed through the Great Hall and everyone got to their feet. Students were slowly moving towards their classes and the professors that sat at the front were all leaving as well, grimaces on their faces.

By the time Ravenclaws had made their way into the dungeons and located their classroom, the dark, dank, hall was noticed and the cold air that managed to sweep through it startled a few as they couldn't tell where it had come from. Their Goosebumps were soon forgotten as they heard an unmistakable swish as a tall, pale man swept towards the door and ushered them into the room before him. They entered and dared not to look back as they found seats and tried to avoid his gaze. Eyes were forced up when he started talking, fame, glory and a stopper on death, his words had slid past their ears as they tried not to let on about their nerves. Roger Malone had sat in front of Eliana and she watched as Snape narrowed his eyes on the Hufflepuff and demanded to show his hands. With his shaking hands, came dark splotches, black ink had leaked and run across everything in his bag, snarling, Professor Snape waved his wand and the parchment that had been ruined was blank, the container that had been damaged was repaired and Roger was quick to thank Snape. Only for the Potion's professor to take five points from Hufflepuff for his behaviour.