Chapter 17

Bellamy

I watched Clarke's eyes glisten and shine with tears as she told me what happened.

"Clarke are you sure it was Kayla" I said tightening my grip on her hand.

"Bellamy she tried to kill me "she said breaking down her walls came down as if a cannon had hit her.

She fell into my arms drowning herself with tears.

I kissed her forehead and hugged her as she collapsed in my arms.

We stayed like this for about 10 minutes.

I huffed and pulled Clarke's head away from me and to my surprise she was sleeping.

I wiped the tears which was slowly crawling down her cheek

"My princess" I said holding her head in my arms and picking her up bridal style wishing she would be my bride someday.

I decided to leave her rucksack in the bunker and go back to camp.

The camp was our home but home was meant to feel safe in our camp it felt far from safe and didn't have the comfort of home.

"One day princess we're going to have a cottage and 3 beautiful children" I said to her as I trudged through the path of the woods "maybe more" .

I looked overhead and seen the distant fire of the camp.

I carried on my pace hurrying quickly through the woods.

The gate was opened and I walked in quickly the gates shut behind me although I should be used to the sound of the gates it still made me jump every time I heard it.

"Bellamy I'm sorry for your loss"Monty said patting my back

"Octavia"I said in shock

"No Clarke "he said pointing to the sleeping princess in my arms

"Monty she's alive" I said confused at what he was meaning his could he think my princess was dead.

"Bellamy she's dead" Monty said as if I was crazy.

"Check her pulse then" I snapped at him.

He put his hand forward towards her wrist his whole body shaking but eyes were still focused on her wrist.

He took a hold of it and held two of his fingers on it.

He looked confused but it was eerily mixed with relief.

"But kayla said she..."

"Kayla was also the reason she almost died " I said to him

"Bellamy what are you talking about" Monty said quietly and then I directed him back to my tent

I put Clarke on my makeshift bed making sure she was comfy and sat on the bed beside her.

I looked at Monty as he waited for me to talk again.

"When we were doing the drug search I found drugs they belonged to Clarke" I said using Clarkes gentle hand to keep me sane "I confronted her and we started kissing and then Kayla caught us ,sh...she started screaming about how Clarke overdosed a while ago "my voice cracked at the last word .

"Clarke ran away I kissed her again and I made her promise not to do drugs again and when I went back to camp to sort out a fight I left Clarke at the bunker" my throat hardened and tears rimmed at my eyes "when I got back Clarke was dead but I gave her cpr and she told me how Kayla shoved the bottle of pills down her throat".

"Why haven't you killed Kayla yet" monty said his voice full of anger.

"And what"

"And what she tried to kill Clarke"

"And risk people finding out she overdosed"

"Bellamy she was addicted" Monty said

"And we'll just tell people that Clarke didn't mean to overdose she just wanted to have hallucinations of Murphy"

Monty had changed a lot he was no longer the wimpy kid that was to scared to kill a rabbit but a growing leader someone who had experienced everything you were going through because his life was terrible, I heard that his mother was a drug addict and that's how she died and his father couldn't cope with everything and hanged himself.

Suicide and addiction was everywhere you just had to open your eyes and see that .

"Fine but we're not doing it for justice we're doing it for Clarke" I said my voice trembling something about Clarke being threatened scared me .

"How about we make it look a suicide or accidental death you know like a rock falls on her head "

"Bellamy" Octavia screamed from the camp .

I snapped and ran to the middle of camp where Kayla who I now think is a crazy bitch was standing lightly on Octavia throat.

I sprinted forward ready to beat Kayla's life away but seen Lincoln do it for me and pounced on Kayla knocking her down to the ground with a force you could see her head split open .

Lincoln ignored this and carried on punching her until her was eventually pulled off by Octavia because everyone didn't want to .

"Take her to the dropship " I snapped at them and turned round to go back to my princess.

"How's Clarke " Octavia said stalking me as I entered my tent.

"Sleeping"

"Bellamy she's awake" Monty said from the opening of my tent .

A goofy smile chalked my face and I could feel it.

I rushed into my tent and seen Clarke was awake but struggling.

Instead of my usual comment of something like "griffin " or "princess" I kissed her knowing she was mine was something which made me blush with pride .

"Hey Bellamy let her speak" Octavia said from behind me who was sitting on the edge of the bed.

I pulled away from her my heart buzzed with happiness and something among the lines of love .

I love getting feedback and opinions on the characters through the chapters .