Chapter 8: "Conditions"

***

***

They cannot believe what just happened during the talk with their families. Zhan thought that his grandfather will be in a rage, practically deciding whether he should beat Yibo or force Zhan to cut ties with Yibo, to cut any means of communication with the alpha.

Yibo remained silent, after that. He didn't dare to utter even a single word. Zhan cannot determine, if it was because he cannot fully comprehend what happened during the confrontation, or he was in distress and silently suffering, because of Zhan's grandfather's condition.

Zhan on the other hand doesn't know what to feel. If he will pity the alpha or laugh at him, being dramatic. He acts as if he's a lost or a bullied little puppy.

"Should I be grateful to your grandfather, for the reason that he gave us his blessing or the opposite? He's too cruel"-Yibo commented with a frown.

Zhan bit his lips to suppress himself from laughing. Yibo was too cute, too adorable when he react that way. Well, that's what is based on his perspective. He cleared his throat and spoke.

"Be grateful Yibo. That will do. Be grateful"

The alpha heaves a sigh. Well now? He's regretting letting his desires take over his mind and mated with Zhan. Though they were not married yet. Now, he will suffer the consequences of his actions.

In the end, Zhan cannot stop himself to laugh. He held his tummy while laughing throwing his head back and forth. Yibo glanced away. He was pissed off, a little bit. Zhan was not helping. He made Yibo feel worst.

Zhan's grandfather's condition was torture for Yibo. He still remembers how it happened.

(Flashback)

All of a sudden, the old Mr. Xiao burst out in laughter, as if he was rejoicing. He kneeled joining his grandson and Yibo. He embraced the two.

He was expecting that Zhan will bring home a girl someday, saying that he impregnated her. But this is no different. It was still the same for him. What's more important was, he will be having a grandson or a granddaughter from his beloved grandson, Zhan.

"Ba? You're not mad at me?"

The old man chuckled. He can picture out how Zhan will look like, right now. Staring at him with a confused expression, creasing his forehead.

"I'm not, A-xian. I'm not mad at you neither at Yibo"

He hugged them both. He feels like he was in paradise, already. The old man was dreaming to witness how Zhan will build his own family. Finally, he can witness that thing happen.

"But I'm a bit disappointed with the both of you. Sex comes after marriage. But the two of you did the opposite"-Zhan's grandfather frankly said, causing Zhan to cough a bit.