Chapter 13 "The Reason Why"

***

***

"

You okay?" -Jiang Cheng asked. It was odd for Haikuan to be quiet. Technically by now, his mate would talk and talk about how to take over the hospital from Yibo.

Well, once Zhan and Yibo were married? There's no turning back. Yibo will have full authority, rights, and ownership to the hospital and its other businesses.

"I'm fine"- Haikuan answered. Jiang Cheng was not convinced by that, but he keep his mouth shut.

He doesn't want Haikuan to be angry at him. He doesn't want them to have another argument with him. Of course, he didn't want to betray Yibo. But he loves Haikuan so much, to the point that he's willing to do anything for him.

"The twins will be alright, right? The orphanage will take care of them, right? Honey"

Well, even though they were planning to ruin Yibo's life. Jiang Cheng is not that heartless, to murder a tiny baby, no babies.

They wanted Zhan and Yibo to grow apart or even better, to broke up. The wedding wouldn't happen and Haikuan will have the opportunity to take what's rightfully belong to him.

He was the firstborn. He has the right to claim and own the hospital as his own. It was just, Yibo took his spot.

Haikuan smiled and nodded. He's not that heartless. He can spare the lives of his nephew and niece. In addition, Yibo will suffer more.

They wanted to fake the twins' death. Saying Zhan failed to deliver them without any complications. Haikuan wants the couple to have an argument, to fight each other. He wanted to crush their relationship. So in the end, Zhan will end up thinking, leaving Yibo, alone.

Jiang Cheng approached him and hugged him. Well, he love Jiang Cheng, though he was an alpha. Maybe for now.
That's the other reason why Jiang Cheng became the doctor of Zhan. To examine his body, take samples.

For this reason, that if they succeeded? Jiang too could become omega. Well, they did all of these things, because Yibo was too naive. Too naive to trust Jiang and him.

"Can we just adopted them?"- Jiang asked, hoping that Haikuan will agree with it. But his partner shook his head in disagreement...

Saying, "It will be risky. I can't afford to fail, you know that honey"

"I know"

Well, Jiang cannot complain. He knew how hard it was for Haikuan, to pull this revenge plan altogether. He planned this for so long, taking the best opportunity to attack. One more mistake and can ruin everything. They will literally go back to zero, from the start, or worst? They will both ended up in jail.

There was a time that Jiang felt sorry for Zhan. Well, it can't help it. He was dragged by this. If he didn't manifest himself as an omega and mated Yibo? None of these would happen. Too bad, it happened.