Chapter 30 "Reunion"

WARNING: This chapter contains violence, abuse, violation on human rights, and attempt to  murder. If you don't want to read those and uncomfortable with those? Kindly stop yourself from reading this chap. "Curiosity kills a cat". Don't proceed any further, if that happens. But if you're willing? Then go on, read and take your time.

***

***

"Xiao Zhan someone wanted to see you"

He blinked his eyes, staring at Jiang. Someone wanted to see him? Who?

So carrying Xiuying in his arms, he went to the dining room. Yibo saw him and took their daughter on his arms. Tapping his shoulder, while saying this, "We'll be back later"

He cannot complain. They left him in there, with another person, most likely with a child. His eyes lingered on a kid, carrying a baby. He cannot see his face. But he somehow felt, this feeling of familiarity towards this kid. It feels like, he have seen him from before. But he cannot fully distinguish, when or how did the two of them met.

The kid turned around and meet his gaze. His whole body froze, when he finally recognized the person in front of him.

"Pretty Uncle"

Tears abruptly fall from his eyes. He doesn't know the reason, why he was crying. He doesn't know, if it was because of pity or happiness. The kid's face looks beaten, with few bruises and wounds.

Then the boy threw himself at him, still carrying the baby in his arms. The little one cries, while embracing Zhan.

"Xian Lie"

The little guy whom he met at the mall 5 years ago was this person? He cannot accept it. Xian Lie used to be a happy bean, but now? He looks gloomy, timid and fragile and mostly uncomfortable, facing other people.

"Pretty Uncle... pretty uncle"

The boy was sobbing, while simultaneously calling for him. The scent he omitted, it omits pain. He can feel a sudden pang of pain on his heart. He can sensed it.

His maternal instincts were resurfacing again. He can feel this child's pain, through his sobs, tears and scent.

He doesn't know why Xian Lie ended up this way. He's such a happy go lucky kid. A ball of sunshine, to be precise. But now? He was acting like a different person. Not the same Xian Lie, like he was, five years ago.

So? He embraced the child and his brother dearly, while stroking his hair and caressing his back.

Zhan voice sounded so gentle. It doesn't reflects danger. It's like a warm blanket envoloping Xian Lie and his brother, Cheng.  It was different from their father's.