addressing a hateful comment

Hey y'all so this is a very different update than I've ever done/thought I would ever have to do...let alone at 2:30 in the morning.

So I was just vibing while reading a super good sirius black fanfic when got an email that someone commented on my story.

I exited the story and went to check it out and you wanna know what I see?

I got my first ever hateful comment.

So I thought I would address it because I WILL NOT tolerate it.

As an author, everything I do in my story has a purpose, even if the readers aren't aware of what that purpose is yet.

Anastasia Starkov is white, yes.

I didn't think this would be a problem due to the fact that she is NOT Alina so it's not like I white washed Alina.

Never in a million years did I think a comment would pop up in chapter 5 when it talks about Anastasia's blonde hair saying "Wait you made her white? Seems...shitty."

The girl on the cover literally has blonde hair so if that wasn't a clue she'd be blonde then...idk bro

Is it offensive that I changed her name too?

Is it offensive that I'm making her and Kirigan move faster than he and Alina did?

Is it offensive that she's losing her feelings for Mal and (spoiler) won't be getting them back?

No because guess what...she's NOT Alina.

Anastasia is a completely different person once you hit a certain point in the book, and she has different things happen to her.

I didn't have to make her something that wouldn't fit my book, and the reason she's white fits due to something that no one knows yet.

There have been very subtle hints that will only get stronger and it has EVERYTHING to do with how she looks.

Moral of the story: if you don't have anything nice to say, don't fucking say it.

A message to everyone else: I love you guys with my whole heart and thank you for supporting me this far. I only hope I can count on your continued support. Sorry I got angry and please don't hate me for it 💗